Postal harassment problem

I'm posting this for a friend:

"Can anyone help with some advice? Someone who knows a number of things about me (address, mobile number, shoe size, etc.) has been harassing me for the last 10 or so months by ordering shoes, crockery sets, books, incontinence pants, holiday and financial services brochures in my name and having them sent to me.

I recently moved from Eastbourne (where the problem started) up to Yorkshire. The crap all stopped for a month or two, but has now started again...books, shoes, crockery, etc....

Can I somehow block delivery of all this stuff? I'm back to spending up to an hour every other day ringing delivery firms and couriers and various other companies to come and pick up their unwanted deliveries or send a return label, or whatever, and it's starting to shred my nerves...not doing my phone bill any favours either!

Any advice welcome."

I'm posting this for a friend:

"Can anyone help with some advice? Someone who knows a number of things about me (address, mobile number, shoe size, etc.) has been harassing me for the last 10 or so months by ordering shoes, crockery sets, books, incontinence pants, holiday and financial services brochures in my name and having them sent to me.

I recently moved from Eastbourne (where the problem started) up to Yorkshire. The crap all stopped for a month or two, but has now started again...books, shoes, crockery, etc....

Can I somehow block delivery of all this stuff? I'm back to spending up to an hour every other day ringing delivery firms and couriers and various other companies to come and pick up their unwanted deliveries or send a return label, or whatever, and it's starting to shred my nerves...not doing my phone bill any favours either!

Any advice welcome."

Somebody's taking the urine

Do you know who is doing this to you? If so, contact the police, as other posters have said.

Some of the items that come through the post can be re-directed, maybe you could parcel them all up, send them to the culprit, without a stamp and let them pay postage at the other end.

If you don't know who is doing this, i wouldnt have thought there is much you can do.

We have a strong suspicion that it's a particular member of my immediate family, but absolutely no concrete evidence. If we're right and it is that person and we confront her without any evidence we'd be playing into her hands. If we're wrong and it's not her, we'd be making a bad situation even worse.

Police in Eastbourne were notified when it all started, but couldn't do anything. My friend will be talking to her local police this weekend.

Unfortunately, selling the stuff on isn't a good option because:

1. It's mostly cheap tat

2. The accounts are all being set up in my friend's name, so she is liable for the goods until she contacts the companies in question to cancel/return.

She's managed to obtain a couple of the coupons that the guilty party has used; the handwriting is all in capitals and slanted to the left - looks like whoever it is is carefully disguising their handwriting.

Archived