Society is paedopile so don't blame the priests.

He kind of has a point.

If there is nothing wrong with homosexuality between consenting individuals, what is wrong with sex between consenting adults and children?

You mean consenting adults. It's very much wrong and illegal between consenting individuals if they are under age...homosexual or not.

The second bold is covered by the first bold.

He kind of has a point.

If there is nothing wrong with homosexuality between consenting individuals, what is wrong with sex between consenting adults and children?

Do you believe that a five year old, say, has the ability to consent to a sexual act?

Do you believe that a five year old, say, has the ability to consent to a sexual act?

I think chem1st must be as confused as the poor old bish! I love this bit:

"Archbishop Grings stressed that he condemned the sexual abuse alleged to have been perpetrated by priests against children, saying they were crimes that must be punished.

But he also said the church had difficulty in denouncing such cases.

"For the church to accuse its own, that is a little strange," he said." My bold

Most probably not. What about a 16 year old, a 15 year old, a 17 year old?

13? Many people can reproduce at this age, we have laws in place for 13-16 year olds to have sex without punishment with each other as long as they are consenting.

10? The age of criminal responsibility. If you are supposed to know the difference from right or wrong, surely you can make a choice about sex?

21? A lot of people under this age are what some may say, immature, maybe they should be classed as children up until this point.

The age of puberty? The traditional age for child to adult transition.

You mean consenting adults. It's very much wrong and illegal between consenting individuals if they are under age...homosexual or not.

The second bold is covered by the first bold.

Why is it wrong to have sex underage?

Because of an arbitrary law?

Surely it should be ok if they are consenting?

I think chem1st must be as confused as the poor old bish! I love this bit:

"Archbishop Grings stressed that he condemned the sexual abuse alleged to have been perpetrated by priests against children, saying they were crimes that must be punished.

But he also said the church had difficulty in denouncing such cases.

"For the church to accuse its own, that is a little strange," he said." My bold

It is only a crime because of the law, homosexuality once was, now it is not.

Archived