Society is paedopile so don't blame the priests.

10? The age of criminal responsibility. If you are supposed to know the difference from right or wrong, surely you can make a choice about sex?

That's sick!

It's widely known that children that age (and older) who are sexually abused invariably develop signs of psychological trauma and/or mental illness which often damages the quality of their lives for as long as they live.

if it needs explaining to you then you need help,and lots of it ..

Locking up more like !! :mad:

I think the point is that people said the same thing about gay men 50 years ago. It does also seem a bit stupid and black and white that someone who has sex with someone who is 15 years and 364 days old needs help and locking up, but if they waited a day then they are fine.

I think the priest sounds like your typical out of touch idiot, but I think there is a point about society. Our society currently encourages underage girls to wear makeup, dress in a way that is designed to be sexually attractive, encourage them to watch people like Lady Gaga in here sexually charged videos and then we all complain about paedophiles behind every corner. We need to protect children and make sure they are safe and not subjected to so many conflicting ideas, and we also need to get a grip and understand that a paedophile is somebody who has a sexual attraction to pre-pubesent children and not everyone under some legal cutoff point.

I think the point is that people said the same thing about gay men 50 years ago. It does also seem a bit stupid and black and white that someone who has sex with someone who is 15 years and 364 days old needs help and locking up, but if they waited a day then they are fine.

I think the priest sounds like your typical out of touch idiot, but I think there is a point about society. Our society currently encourages underage girls to wear makeup, dress in a way that is designed to be sexually attractive, encourage them to watch people like Lady Gaga in here sexually charged videos and then we all complain about paedophiles behind every corner. We need to protect children and make sure they are safe and not subjected to so many conflicting ideas, and we also need to get a grip and understand that a paedophile is somebody who has a sexual attraction to pre-pubesent children and not everyone under some legal cutoff point.

Good post snook.

What if there was consent?

a child cannot give consent to something they know nothing of. a child has innosence and a paedophile robs that from the child. There is very much a difference between homosexuality and sex with a child. Sex with a child is wrong, wrong wrong!!!

Archived