Whats going on with the politics of this country then?

no not as i know...going to be monday when we find out

It's quite likely to be the end of next week, to my mind. I don't see the Tories giving enough ground for the LD's to accept a coalition deal; Labour and the LD's together still couldn't make a majority, so it'll end up being Cameron in Number Ten with a minority government.

Wilson managed to hold such a crumbling mess together for nearly nine months before giving up and calling another election. Let's see how Cameron gets on in the same boat.

Wilson managed to hold such a crumbling mess together for nearly nine months before giving up and calling another election. Let's see how Cameron gets on in the same boat.

Harold Wilson did at least have an overall majority, even if it was only 3 seats.

I'm predicting another GE by the end of the year. The financial markets will force the issue, if they decide that they don't like the current uncertainty.

Harold Wilson did at least have an overall majority, even if it was only 3 seats.

Not the first time around; in the first 1974 election he held a minority government. It was after giving up and calling the second election that he ended up with a majority of ... well, I thought it was four, but it may have been three.

It's quite likely to be the end of next week, to my mind. I don't see the Tories giving enough ground for the LD's to accept a coalition deal; Labour and the LD's together still couldn't make a majority, so it'll end up being Cameron in Number Ten with a minority government.

I give them 6 months at the most before they have to call another election.

Who care's. you are gonna get screwed by them anyway no matter who you believe in, they are all in it for the prestige and the cash as proved in the last year... money grabbing self centered stids

Not all of them. Tighter, independent checks can still be introduced.

Your pessimism bores me.

Archived