Advice need on gilera ice 50cc

hi ive got a gilera ice 50cc i used it for field use and it run owt off petrol now filed up want start there is no spark i tryed changing plug but if i put plug in my quad it sparks so i no dat ok so i dont no what eles to do :confused:

hi ive got a gilera ice 50cc i used it for field use and it run owt off petrol now filed up want start there is no spark i tryed changing plug but if i put plug in my quad it sparks so i no dat ok so i dont no what eles to do :confused:

The only thing I can think of is that you have flooded the engine with petrol and thus the spark plug is damp.

Take the spark plug out....leave it a while to dry if it is wet....and connect it to the lead and fire up. If you get a spark then the plug is OK and that end of the machine is ok.

The plug might need re-gapping if it doesn't spark. Try also just rubbing gently and lightly the surfaces that do spark with a fine grade wet and dry paper just to make sure there is no corrosion.

You may have a problem with your lead....in which case it may need replacing.

Do you not have a friendly mechanic who can fix this for you...its a fairly simple problem. :)

There may well be a spark....but as you say you ran out of petrol.

Are you sure the petrol is getting through.

You should find that on the fuel tap you can choose PRI....which gives more petrol than it needs just to get it started.....and of course if you don't turn it off from PRI you get the flooding problem in my previous post.

Oh how I miss the days of doing this :hihi:

It does not sound like its flooded as the plugs work in the quad, its an electrical problem. Check the leads that supply the coil and make sure power is getting to the coil, then check the leads on the battery making sure they are on properly. If the battery leads are ok and you are getting power to the coil then its the coil that is at fault or the coil lead. hope that helps you .

Archived