What cyclists have to put up with..

You passed because there is no question about how to treat cyclists.

Hit a nerve, yeah I don't like people with attitudes like yours being allowed on the roads.

I drive, cycle and walk. I expect equal consideration on the road when doing any of those things and I give the same to everyone else.

As it happens I drive more than I cycle at the moment, but that doesn't alter my attitude.

Maybe you should try getting out of your car and getting some exercise by cycling somewhere, it might change your attitude.

Yeh I class cyclists as a lower road user, but that does not mean I dont give them the same road consideration, why would I want to risk someone elses life ( or my own with jail time)?

Sort these issues then IMO cyclist can have a say regarding the roads

Thankfully it is not up to you who has a say or not so that is quite irrelevant.

You may not LIKE the fact that cyclists have a say, but that's your look-out.

However I really would love the "drive to work day" idea to fill this forum up with "why are sheffield's roads so busy?" complaints.

As for "classes" of road user, there are no different classes. You, sir, are akin to the stereotype of the BMW driving in the middle lane because he drives more miles, has a meeting to get to and doesn't need to follow lane discipline which is for other "lesser" road users.

In short, an arrogant road hog.

Or some equivilant saftey/road worthy test. I have before witnessed a bike run into the back of cars that have had to stop quick, this appeared to be due to ineffective brakes.

If bikes are on the roads they should be scrutinised just like cars are, and have set laws for braking efficency etc.

Do you have any evidence for your opinion?

Or some equivilant saftey/road worthy test. I have before witnessed a bike run into the back of cars that have had to stop quick, this appeared to be due to ineffective brakes.

If bikes are on the roads they should be scrutinised just like cars are, and have set laws for braking efficency etc.

An MOT is only valid on the day it's produced, so bike MOT's wouldn't stop brake failure, just like car MOTs don't.

Presumably the reason for the car MOT is down to the likelihood of it causing injury if something fails, the same doesn't apply to a bike.

An MOT is only valid on the day it's produced, so bike MOT's wouldn't stop brake failure, just like car MOTs don't.

Presumably the reason for the car MOT is down to the likelihood of it causing injury if something fails, the same doesn't apply to a bike.

But if there was a problem with the braking system it would be rectifyed and possibly save the bikers life if his brakes were to fail at a junction.

But if there was a problem with the braking system it would be rectifyed and possibly save the bikers life if his brakes were to fail at a junction.

If there's a problem then a cyclist will already know about it.

If an MOT only needs to be passed once a year and they don't care enough about their own safety then the annual MOT won't help at all will it.

Archived