What cyclists have to put up with..

Yeh I class cyclists as a lower road user, but that does not mean I dont give them the same road consideration, why would I want to risk someone elses life ( or my own with jail time)?

But your proposals, as already discussed on this thread are indeed risking other peoples lives - so yes, why would you want to risk a life?

It has been shown in this thread, with evidence, that decreased numbers of people cycling lead to increased injury and death on the roads. Your proposals of having a mountain of paperwork to complete for tax, insurance, MOT for a pushbike are likely to have the result of reduced cycling uptake. That will lead according to published studies to increased deaths and injuries on the roads. Surely this has been explained to you before in the countless anti-cyclist posts that you have made on this forum? Perhaps some folk will never grasp a principle, no matter how simple and well founded. Bring on the tax on the stupid.

Yeh I class cyclists as a lower road user, but that does not mean I dont give them the same road consideration, why would I want to risk someone elses life ( or my own with jail time)?

I consider car drivers a lower road user. Cyclists are doing themselves, the environment and traffic levels good and so should be given privileges above car users. I sincerely believe that. A reduction in VED or income tax or whatever!

I consider car drivers a lower road user. Cyclists are doing themselves, the environment and traffic levels good and so should be given privileges above car users. I sincerely believe that. A reduction in VED or income tax or whatever!

The law does too. Pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders and so on have the RIGHT to use the highway, whereas drivers have to be licenced.

they have the same brake system as the usa ones you pedal backwards to put the rear brake on

Its rare that you see BMX's with that mechanism now. Most BMX riders with no brakes just use shoes on the tyre to slow down.

I used to ride with a back brake but living in Crookes there were times when I REALLY needed to stop so ended up fitting a front too.

After looking at the video i came to these conclusions:

The first one.. Did the cyclist indicate that he was turning right? If so then the cars fault but if not then you're both to blame.

2nd. Yes the car driver should have seen you really but you were going quite a lot faster than the cars and you were cycling in the middle of the road rather than by the kerb. As someone else said, a bit of self prservation never goes amiss

3. thats the cars fault that one, although you were going slow and a man with a van is hardly gonna wait

Im a cyclist (BMX/Mountain bike) and a driver so I can see everything from both perspectives. Some cyclists are just cocks and trying to prove that they are hollier than thou (all the gear/zero emissions vests) and most drivers generally think the roads are just for them and them alone and just don't Think about cyclists.

Archived