What cyclists have to put up with..

Nope its paid for through ''general taxation'' *Yawn* :roll:

Makes me wonder where our Vehicle excise duty goes? or does this go into the ''general taxation'' coffers, that they then use to fix the roads??? :huh:

Here's a classic example. So dink, you appear to be in favour of a system whereby the amount of "right" you have to use a highway is equal to the amount of tax, VED, income tax or otherwise, that you pay into the general pot, out of which comes the highway maintenance bill. How do you propose to work such a system? Under such a system, does a 50 year old manager earning £60,000 per year (and having contributed thousands to the tax pot over his life) using his push bike to commute to work have more right to the road than a 21 year old university graduate (who hasn't paid a penny of tax of any sort in their life) driving to a first job interview in their mum's car? How do other road users instantly assess whether another road user has more or less right to use the roads than themselves?

Or maybe the fictitious "road tax" paying fraternity would be happier if they had a "special" area of the highway network that the cyclists they hate have no access to. Even if the payment of VED every year doesn't even come close to paying for the upkeep of such a "VED holders only" system alone? Surely then they would feel better, more loved, less ignored, and even maybe, that they are no longer the only set of road users that are getting "something for nothing" in their narrow minds? Oh hang on, such a "special" area already of road already exists - its called the motorway network.

Anyway, the opinions of the morons re "Road Tax" are all irrelevant because neither the government nor the law see it that way. Cyclists DO have the right to use the road and DON'T have to pay VED. Its highly unlikely to change as fortunately, morons don't tend to run the country (they do have their bads points, politicians, but they're generally not total morons).

Furthermore, I'm sure even if cyclists did pay VED the same morons would still go about cyclist bashing on threads like these so its really not worth the effort arguing with them!

Anyway, the opinions of the morons re "Road Tax" are all irrelevant because neither the government nor the law see it that way. Cyclists DO have the right to use the road and DON'T have to pay VED. Its really not going to change as fortunately, morons don't tend to run the country (they do have their bads points, politicians, but they're generally not total morons).

Well thank God our new PM is a cyclist :).

Just a pity that he has not come across the word saddlebag yet.

I think I'd find it a lot easier to get into the saddle next time if I had someone driving behind me to carry my top hat and tails and a few police cars in tow to arrest and ship any rude motorists off to Rotherham Bay. What's good enough for our PM is good enough for us :|.

Good job I'm stupid then, innit? Wouldn't want to upset the infant version of a nearly 2000 year old corpse

That sounds like the start of a bad horror movie :o:o:o:o:o I hope you're not an ethnic minority or a sluttish female because the ethnic minority or sluttish female normally gets killed first.

Archived