What cyclists have to put up with..

You're just being pedantic, windyboy. My actual quote was "Most cycle journeys in Sheffield can be done on designated cycle paths without coming into contact with heavy traffic", which is correct. If you have a dictionary look up the words "most" and "all". They don't mean the same thing.

When common sense is presented you're either racist, sexist or any ist that the usual bunch can come up with.

Cycle lanes can be good for kids learning to ride a bike. The Highway Code advice is that you should not use them if you ever cycle above 18mph, you should use the roads..
tell that to the Bozo cyclists in the parks.

The war against the motorist has ended, after the new Transport Secretary Philip Hammond outed himself as a keen Jaguar driver who is too nervous to cycle on London's busy streets.

The married father of three, 54, wants cycling made safer.

“Cyclists need to be more aware of the risks around them. It frightens me to death when I see them pull out around other cyclists, completely unaware there is a car behind. Maybe they need wing mirrors.”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23838800-my-jags-a-joy-but-cycling-in-london-ive-never-braved-it.do

It's rather odd that our new Transport Secretary appears ignorant about cycling. Cycling rates have doubled in London whilst accident rates have halved. More cyclists means safer roads. In most cyclist/vehicle collision it is the driver at fault for, in order, sideswiping, over- taking then immediately turning left or dooring. A driver should leave the same space for a bike as for a car when over taking, so a cyclist over taking another cyclist would present no trouble whatsoever to a competent driver following behind.

But then a competent driver wouldn't have a criminal conviction for speeding...

The same newspaper today reports a driver who was speeding, in a defective car, across a pedestrian crossing. He killed a young woman and has been told he will not go to jail:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23838795-speeding-driver-who-killed-trainee-barrister-on-crossing-escapes-jail.do

There's a "war" against motorists?

On the road they ... don't cause any delays to other road users journey.

Yes they do (especially on narrow roads or up narrow hills - many in Sheffield).

What is there to lose

Your time?

apart from your gut?

Not everyone who doesn't cycle is an obese slob.

I gave up push bikes when I was 17.

Out of all the modes of transport available to us (discounting the car), I would rather walk than use a bicycle (or bus).

And the safer cycling is perceived to be, the easier people can be conned to cycle.

or any ist that the usual bunch can come up with.

A Cyclist?:D

Yes they do (especially on narrow roads or up narrow hills - many in Sheffield).

I have a crisp tenner that says that in your entire life you have lost no more than a minute of it to combined bicycle delays on your combined journey time. Motor vehicles on the other hand...

You're just being pedantic, windyboy. My actual quote was "Most cycle journeys in Sheffield can be done on designated cycle paths without coming into contact with heavy traffic", which is correct. If you have a dictionary look up the words "most" and "all". They don't mean the same thing.

It's still wrong then pirate face isn't it. :roll:

I have a crisp tenner that says that in your entire life you have lost no more than a minute of it to combined bicycle delays on your combined journey time.

Doesn't matter. You said "don't cause any delays to other road users journey." and I'm in a pedantic mood:P

Too late. I spent the tenner. Jumped on the pushbike, peddled half a mile, locked it by the cafe door, spent your tenner on my lunch and peddled back again. :D

Bit of a waste then, seeing as you've burned off any useful calories that the food provided:D.

Archived