What cyclists have to put up with..

So there are 1 Million uninsured cyclists on the road, just think how much that would rake in if they had to pay road fund tax and insurance.

I take it that you're too lazy, or not bothered enough to read the rest of the thread where all this is comprehensively dealt with?

And Gordon, I'm certainly not going to say where I live, but I can assure you there is not one cycle lane on my route to work (or alternative though parks etc) until I'm a good 2 miles into my journey. :rolleyes:

And even then it goes in the wrong chuffin direction...

I could go on quieter roads. And take 5 times longer to get to work. And home. And frankly, why the hell should I, just because others are too dim to know the law? (Usual VED crud etc...)

It really doesn't matter a fig what the anti-cyclist brigade think. Not likeing cyclists may well be their perogative, but that's their little psychological hang up to deal with, not mine.

Intelligent doesn't always mean sensible.

Some people might say it would be intelligent and sensible to read the thread to obtain a basic grasp of a few facts before plunging in and making one's self look foolish...

But don't let me stop you, keep on digging...:cool:

Some people might say it would be intelligent and sensible to read the thread to obtain a basic grasp of a few facts before plunging in and making one's self look foolish...

But don't let me stop you, keep on digging...:cool:

And that's your best shot?:roll:

If you don't want that nasty park keeper to catch you cycling in Endcliffe Park you could always go up Riverdale Road then down Endcliffe Vale and onto Clarkhouse Road. A couple of minutes walking or braving the cycle lane and you're at the top of Collegiate and back on my 2nd suggested route.

Have lasagne for tea tonight.

I like lasagne, I might just do that :)

So, let me get this straight, to achieve your claim that "Most cycle journeys in Sheffield can be done on designated cycle paths without coming into contact with heavy traffic" you want me to:

• Fulwood to Forge Dam on the road, no designated cycle path (DCP)
  • then down the valley bridleway, still not a DCP but very pleasant so I'll give you that one.
  • Bingham Park, Yay, our first DCP!
  • Riverdale Rd no DCP there
  • Endcliffe Vale Rd, no DCP there either
  • Clarkehouse Road, we have a DCP but only for 2 hrs morning and evening and it's covered in parked cars the rest of the time.
  • Glossop Road, yep we have a cycle lane but the same problem with timing and parking
  • West St, no DCP but we do have lots of lovely tram tracks to avoid.

Wouldn't it just be easier to use my normal route? :|

And that's your best shot?:roll:

Translation:

"I haven't read the thread and formed my arguments to counter the points covered."

Because you don't have any answers. I don't need to "shoot" at you. You're already machine gunning yourself in the foot.

Because you are failing to grasp even the very basics, go back and read the thread, then come back with sound, reasoned arguments. I've already posted, along with many other, several times, the response to your original nonsence. I'm not going to spoon feed you. I'm not your mother.

The answers are all there...

So again, have you read the whole thread?

Yes or no?

Translation:

"I haven't read the thread and formed my arguments to counter the points covered."

Because you don't have any answers. I don't need to "shoot" at you. You're already machine gunning yourself in the foot.

Because you are failing to grasp even the very basics, go back and read the thread, then come back with sound, reasoned arguments. I've already posted, along with many other, several times, the response to your original nonsence. I'm not going to spoon feed you. I'm not your mother.

The answers are all there...

So again, have you read the whole thread?

Yes or no?

Which spade are you using today?

Perplexed, I think you're swimming against the tide with Tshombe. Either (s)he's simply a troll practicing some organ grinding, or is genuinley boneheaded, in which case you should pity him/her and save your typing fingers for something worthwhile :D

Archived