What cyclists have to put up with..

In my local cop shop, a large sign says "We won't accept complaints about dangerous driving without a witness".

Cops have previously discounted witness reports from other cyclists as " not impartial".

I'd ask the IPCC about that, they don't get an option about who they 'accept' complaints from, only on how they treat them and how much credence they give them.

I wouldn't feed the trolls.

The video looks like attempted murder. Since it is legal to use video to prosecute drivers for using a bus lane I would like to think that it is sufficient to bring a successful prosecution to at least remove the drivers privileges for a year or two.

I wouldn't feed the trolls.

The video looks like attempted murder. Since it is legal to use video to prosecute drivers for using a bus lane I would like to think that it is sufficient to bring a successful prosecution to at least remove the drivers privileges for a year or two.

Mmmmm.

I've had similar incidents. I would have waited for the van. Let it go. Don't get me wrong, the driver's a tosser, literally.

It's incredible that ... swfcsy appear rational, intelligent people

Rational and intelligent enough to not be able to use the written English language as intended.:rolleyes:

The cyclist seriously escalated that incident by deliberately hitting the vehicle. It would have been better to let it go.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have been very tempted to do the same though.

I guess the cyclist would say he was alerting an unwary driver to his presence. That would certainly make it difficult for the driver to explain why he's using 4 tons of metal as a weapon...

The cyclist seriously escalated that incident by deliberately hitting the vehicle. It would have been better to let it go.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have been very tempted to do the same though.

Why did the van driver not just drive off - it was only a slap on the side of the van, hardly going to cause damage? Alternatively why not just stop the van and speak with the cyclist?

A bit over the top swerving all over the road and almost colliding with the cyclist.

Archived