What cyclists have to put up with..

I guess the cyclist would say he was alerting an unwary driver to his presence. That would certainly make it difficult for the driver to explain why he's using 4 tons of metal as a weapon...

No, the cyclist was expressing his anger. I've watched it again and I can't see it any other way. Assuming his brakes are working properly, he didn't need to get as close to the van as he did.

He was perfectly justified in being angry at the original manoeuvre, and nothing excuses the van driver's subsequent behaviour, but if he hadn't hit the van (mild road rage) he wouldn't have been targeted by the subsequent attack of full-blown road rage.

Why did the van driver not just drive off - it was only a slap on the side of the van, hardly going to cause damage? Alternatively why not just stop the van and speak with the cyclist?

Because he's an idiot. Don't infuriate idiots, you only make them behave more idiotically.

Hopefully so. One less idiot on the roads. Maybe if he gets his license taken away he'll have to get himself on a bike.

Oh! What a beautiful outcome that would be for all those motorists who abuse cyclists. :hihi:

I frequently see drivers pulling out like the van did, but I just let it go. The van driver was driving without due care and attention and is not to be excused.

I also think the cyclist here escalated the problem, and is something I find best avoided, just smile nicely and learn from it. Such incidents are what teach cyclists to be better road users and more attentive. Some of these idiots are absolute meat heads and wouldn't think twice about jumping out of their vehicle with a metal bar and finishing a "non tax-paying road user" off. i guess they'd see it as their "taxpayer's right" :rolleyes:

Oh and swfcsy, you have joined the list of fools. Congratulations, it took just one short post, your subsequent ones were surplus to requirements.

You wonder if the van driver screams abuse at and threatens mobility scooters, or classic cars, since they don't pay VED either...

But are the lycra clad baffons that think they have the high moral ground?Don't think so

I frequently see drivers pulling out like the van did, but I just let it go. The van driver was driving without due care and attention and is not to be excused.

I also think the cyclist here escalated the problem, and is something I find best avoided, just smile nicely and learn from it. Such incidents are what teach cyclists to be better road users and more attentive. Some of these idiots are absolute meat heads and wouldn't think twice about jumping out of their vehicle with a metal bar and finishing a "non tax-paying road user" off. i guess they'd see it as their "taxpayer's right" :rolleyes:

Oh and swfcsy, you have joined the list of fools. Congratulations, it took just one short post, your subsequent ones were surplus to requirements.

Agreed, all points

Archived