What cyclists have to put up with..

Don't need permission. It's plastered on the car already for all to see.

They are for all to see yes, but not for everyone to see on the internet, some criminals can use the details off the net to clone registration number for similar cars and carry out crimes, like drive off etc from petrol stations.

I would be ****** if my car details where made into a you tube video and broadcast.

there was no need for the registration to be listed to get the video's point across.

They are for all to see yes, but not for everyone to see on the internet, some criminals can use the details off the net to clone registration number for similar cars and carry out crimes, like drive off etc from petrol stations.

Criminals can get details of similar cars easily enough by going to busy roads. A local car's details is also more likely to result in the innocent owner being accused as they won't be able to show they were 300 miles away when an additional crime was committed.

there was no need for the registration to be listed to get the video's point across.

People now know to watch out for that specific car rather than blaming all drivers of similar cars. If I owned such a car I'd be quite glad of that.

I would be ****** if my car details where made into a you tube video and broadcast.

A lot of these criminals are well devious though- if they can't get the reg number from youtube they'll have an alternative method, like...... walking down any road and noting the reg numbers from there :)

before posting a video on youtube, dont you have to have permission from all concerned allowing you to post it?

A lot of these criminals are well devious though- if they can't get the reg number from youtube they'll have an alternative method, like...... walking down any road and noting the reg numbers from there :)

yeah but its a hell of a lot easier to google, red 106 video or silver bmw instead of trolling the streets for a similar one

could all you cyclists read the highway code it is illegal for you to cycle on the footpath

i know not all cyclists do this and the majority of them do obey the rules of the road

it is just so unnerving when walking and a cyclist appears from nowhere and nearly knocks you down and then look at you as if it is your fault for being on the pavement,

motorist should remember to look out for cyclists and bikers as well as other cars

Criminals can get details of similar cars easily enough by going to busy roads. A local car's details is also more likely to result in the innocent owner being accused as they won't be able to show they were 300 miles away when an additional crime was committed.

People now know to watch out for that specific car rather than blaming all drivers of similar cars. If I owned such a car I'd be quite glad of that.

Im sure you are perfect in every way and have never made an error of judgement whilst on the road, lets hope you never do or your car details may end up on you tube next :roll:

Archived