What cyclists have to put up with..

Since ive been learning to drive ive noticed one thing. Some cyclists are careful, considerate road users. Most though are pigignorant, rude, aggressive and dangerous road users.

I don't dispute that. But I would say is that exactly the same is true for drivers - I don't believe that people's behaviour and stupidity is grounded on what vehicle they're using.

I hope that both driving and cycling I would fall into the careful, considerate category. But whichever means of transport I'm using, I prefer to encounter pigignorant, rude, aggressive and dangerous road users when they're not wrapped up in a ton of cold hard metal.

If you looked over your shoulder and didn't see a car that was that close you had better get off to spec savers

Yep spec savers.....that's funny....!

Erm....but he DID see the car behind him by doing the "life saver", thats the "LIFE SAVER" (it means a last look back before finishing your manouvre ).

If you didn't know that then maybe you......shoulda gone to driving school!!

Since ive been learning to drive ive noticed one thing. Some cyclists are careful, considerate road users. Most though are pigignorant, rude, aggressive and dangerous road users.

Unless you've been learning for a long time, you've managed to reach that conclusion extremely quickly. How many cyclists have you actually seen, three or four?

A short video showing some of the bad driving that sadly is all too common when you're a cyclist.

This does remind me of my typical cycle ride to/from work. However, unfortunately the causes of problems are often not so malicious, but due to a lack of awareness. I am often cycling and the person alongside slows down suddenly to give way to a person in the other direction wanting to turn right. The driver giving way hasn't bothered to check their mirrors and the driver turning has their view of me blocked by them.

Unless you've been learning for a long time, you've managed to reach that conclusion extremely quickly. How many cyclists have you actually seen, three or four?

Its hard to say how many but id say you can add a zero to that.

Why? does it bother you or something?

Archived