What cyclists have to put up with..

You could speak to him. Then see if your quickly formed opinion is really a problem with the cyclists or more of a problem with you.

Im sure if i had an attitude problem hed be the first to say something. No, i think its you who has the problem and are miffed that ive formed an opinion that dosent fit in with yours?

Get over it, its no biggy.

He won't say anything unless you tell him about your opinion of cyclists. Unless he's a mind reader of course.

Maybe next time a cyclist annoys you, you should point it out and see what he thinks.

You're entitled to an opinion of course, no matter how quickly and with how little evidence you've formed it. Don't expect it to be given much weight though, when it seems divorced from reality and based on a few months of driving a car for 2 hours a week.

I've been commuting to work by bike daily in Leeds and Sheffield now for over 10 years and had very little problem from other drivers. I think if drivers can clearly see you and have a good idea what you're going to do, then whether they like it or not, they are unlikely to make life hard for you. You just need to be assertive on the road, take up position where you feel is right, not where they think is right, and don't ride in the gutter. Simples.

Having said that, I am tempted to paint "No I don't pay bloody road tax" on the back of my hi-viz vest.

This morning going over uni roundabout a man in a van who had to stop to allow me to cross the roundabout (i.e. giving way to the right as you do when approaching a roundabout), started giving me the usual offensive gestures. I gave him the finger as is most appropriate in those circumstances.

Archived