Ladies, what handbag do you use?

Am I missing something with the Radley bags? I saw a lady in the pub earlier with one. I can't see the appeal of a boring little black bag with a mini scottie dog hanging down? Why would you? And the price is laughable. Why not just have 'mug' tatooed on your forehead?

Now there's a gent who comes in with large sports holdall. He seems to get a lot more attention from everyone in the pub. His bag seems to make him very popular. Perhaps that's the way to go, ladies.

Am I missing something with the Radley bags? I saw a lady in the pub earlier with one. I can't see the appeal of a boring little black bag with a mini scottie dog hanging down? Why would you? And the price is laughable. Why not just have 'mug' tatooed on your forehead?

Yes, the prices are exorbitant for Radleys, and I, also don't kow how they justify such ridiculous prices, either. but there is such a variety of styles, not just plain black. Like all "brands" you pay the premium for the label, don't you?

I have two Radley bags, one is a small, plum/claret coloured simple bag, the other is bigger, in pink, with multicoloured ribbons with flowers and the Scottie-dog coming from the handle. I get a lot of use out of them.

I didn't buy the claret one, it was a Christmas present. The pink one was only a fiver, second-hand off a car boot, in wonderful condition, and I thought, wow, that's really a nice bag!

I also have a sweet Radley purse, in cream and pinks. (Another gift.)

I use a red one and sometimes a black one. My spare has zebra stripes.

It's just a bag for stuff and not a status symbol!

I buy a bag I like. I don't spend an extortionate amount on it though. It isn't like people will like you any more for spending more on a bag. You cut the price tag off so no-one will know the price of it anyway. My bags come from the market or somewhere cheap like that. I spend about £3-£5 on a bag. Not this £55+ price range. I like my cheap and cheerful bags.

I wasn't keen on paying out for Tula, but I'd had difficulty finding a neat handbag the right size, and which didn't make me look like an admin temp when walking into an engineering office as a technical staff temp, when I found exactly the thing I needed at three times the price I wanted to pay, and with a Tula label

Mr Strix was happy to buy it for me, and he was right... It's lasted more than three times as long as the cheaper bags I usually have!

My latest is hand made by a leather craftsman in Cambridge - Ian Stevens

I'm looking for his website but failing at the mo. I'll have to find his business card

Now there's a gent who comes in with large sports holdall. He seems to get a lot more attention from everyone in the pub. His bag seems to make him very popular. Perhaps that's the way to go, ladies.

Ditto... I think they are bland! A bag should be a statement!!

iv got so many bags you wouldnt believe, i actually think i should stop for a while!!. at the moment im in between two bags. An across the body, light brown with gold studs, m&s bag. And a black with silver chain detail hand bag from next.

I didn't buy that Tula bag after all, thought it was a tad too much money for a smallish bag. I am still on the lookout but don't know whether to get a shoulder bag or across the body bag. I currently have one that just goes on my shoulder and under my arm, I fancy the across body ones for convenience but I had one once and it pulled at my neck a bit. What do you find best?

I always wear a shoulder bag with lots of compartments in, but buy cheap ones as I like a change every 6 months.

Archived