Chicken pox relief.. any advice

My 5 yr old son had chicken pox 2 weeks ago,he only had a few spots and it started to clear up after 2 days, he was better within 4 days. now my 4 yr old daughter has got it as well as my 1 yr old:(. they are both absolutely covered in spots. they started on thurs night and are still getting more by the day.

iv been giving them paracetamol for high temp, and covering in calomine lotion about 3-4 times a day. does anyone know of anything else helpful in easing the itching and drying them up quicker?? i was told not to bath them as the quicker the spots dry out the better, and wetting them will not help wth that, is this right?? im thinking its better to be clean?? i feel so sorry for them, and so helpless.

I've had chicken pox 3 times (which is extremely unusual but not impossible). Last time was the worst; I was about 30 and had boils absolute everywhere. That time I found that the only way to reduce the itching was to wear nothing but my undercrackers! It was January and i was living in a tiny ground floor flat in east London; I used to sit in the front room with the windows open for as long as I could bear the cold, then get dressed until the itching became unbearable again.

If you can find a way to keep your kids cool it may help.

im trying to keep them cool but my daughter is saying shes cold and needs clothing.shes just got cotton jamas on, and my son just a nappy. they dont like the calomine lotion cus its cold either.:help:

Archived