Sheffield Smelting company

Hi all...my dad worked there for years.I cant remember when he started but i was only a kid.He retired around ten years ago.I think he was one of the fitters in the smelting shop.His names Les Martin.

i worked at thessco when your dad was there. i also had a few pints in the horseshoe with him and his mates terry fisher and gordon lidster. i worked in the silver refinery until 1999. does old les still like a pint?

i worked at thessco when your dad was there. i also had a few pints in the horseshoe with him and his mates terry fisher and gordon lidster. i worked in the silver refinery until 1999. does old les still like a pint?

He sure does...however he doesnt sink quite as many as he used to. Sadly both Terry and Gordon are no longer with us.

• 1 year later...
He sure does...however he doesnt sink quite as many as he used to. Sadly both Terry and Gordon are no longer with us.

Gordon Peter Lidster was My Grandad, Im new to all of this so not quite sure how to post things propyl but I have started a new Thread. If you type Lidster in the search engine it should be the first one called `Gordon Peter Lidster of Shiregreen`.

If you could take a look I would be ever so grateful, Thankyou for your time, best wishes Miss Lidster

Archived