When you took your driving test..

Well I am starting my driving lessons tomorrow (finally)... doing a crash-ish style course... by that I mean I wont be doing any more then 2 hours per day but will be doing lots of days in a row where possible as I want to pass asap!

Anyhoo... I want to know all about when you did your tests... how many times it took you to pass and where you went wrong...

C'mon... spill the beans!

Well I am starting my driving lessons tomorrow (finally)... doing a crash-ish style course... by that I mean I wont be doing any more then 2 hours per day but will be doing lots of days in a row where possible as I want to pass asap!

Anyhoo... I want to know all about when you did your tests... how many times it took you to pass and where you went wrong...

firstly good luck :D

i passed on my second

i failed my first as i was a did a lot wrong

i was too cocky

i didnt pay enough attention as i was being cocky

my nerves got the better of me which led to many mistakes

i wasnt really ready but didnt belive my instructor as i was in a rush to get my test passed :(

took my second test a year after my 1st :o

anyways i wasnt any of the above due to not being too bothererd on the day as my dad had passed away 3 weeks before and i just wanted to get back in bed but i knew my dad would have gone mental and gone mad at me about wasting all that money lol!!

do you know if they have changed the test now? im sure you have to now follow road signs to a destination chosen by the instructor as oppossed to the instructor directing you. they were on about it when i sat mine.

I first learned to drive in 1966 it cost me 17/6 per lesson and the test was 21 shillings

I failed 1st time through nerves.

failed 2nd time as the car I was using had a new gear box the day before and I wasn't strong enough to move the gears properly had terrible trouble with my reverse as I was looking to the back I caught a nerve in my leg which was contolling the accelerator. the car was jumping all over the place and I had to get out for a couple of minutes for the nerve to calm down. everything went wrong with that test.

3rd time did pass but refused to have a lesson first as that made me more nervous.sailed through it word of advice from my instructor if you think you have made a mistake don't let the examiner know you think you have

I changed instructors each time I failed.

I passed in 1992 at the first attempt.

Had 20 x 90min lessons. (2 lessons a week = 10 weeks)

My eldest son has just passed second time round - oh the joys of the extortionate insurance because he's a male under 21!

Bang goes our summer holiday!

I passed my test in 1984. Took three attempts. Failed the first one due to nerves as that afternoon I was going back to work after being out on strike. Failed second time because the car had a fault. The examiner told me that I'd failed because of the fault and asked what I wanted to do. I said to carry on as I thought the experience would do me good after my miserable failure 6 weeks before. If I'd said go back to the test centre I would have got the next test free, but he didn't tell me that - the barsteward. Passed the third time.

I though i failed within first 5 mins as i did a silly mistake, got really nervous but then just thought to my self it might be ok just do your best, turns out he did not even notice it, just dont worry to much and do best you can, did pass the first time, best feeling ever :)

I failed my first test, got home, booked another 2 days later, passed. First tester was an idiot, over 10 years later I've never had a single point, guess he was wrong :)

Archived