When you took your driving test..

When I took mine I had an older Scottish man. I remember he kept saying "It's windy today", he was probably trying to put me at ease but it was a little bit annoying.

I found my instructor's techniques for manouveres like reverse parking quite difficult. The same techniques can't work for everyone. Nowadays I just get the back end of the car pointing in the general direction and turn in.

all i would say is dont jump into taking your test, im not really a big fan of the crash course style lessons as you dont (imo) get to experience a full range of conditions or problems.

it took me around 24 lessons plus driving with my mum before i took my test and i feel i was far better off for it. i wasnt overly nervous, and i wasnt phased by traffic or any manouvers.

in contrast i took my trailer test last year which was a 2 day course, and i failed twice before passing. If i had been driving longer i believe i would have passed first time, as it was nerves that caused most of the problems.

When I took mine I had an older Scottish man. I remember he kept saying "It's windy today", he was probably trying to put me at ease but it was a little bit annoying.

Was it always followed by a curious smell...? :gag:... :hihi:

Bike test passed first time after 1 weeks worth of lessons at age 17. 1980's

Car test passed first time after 7 lessons at age 18.

2.5 tonne counterbalance fork truck test passed first time in a day 2001

Hgv class 2 passed first time after 5 two hour lessons in a week (3 minors) 2004

Moffet mounty rear mounted fork truck passed first time in a day 2004

Manitou telescopic site forks passed first time in a day 2004

Sits back, drinks tea smug grin on face. ;)

Had 12 lessons with Hillsborough School of Motoring starting August 1960. A Mr Ridley was my instructor. Cost 15/- for 1 hour lesson. Passed first time in November 1st, 1960 - just a couple of weeks before my 18th birthday. In a Wolseley 1500 - nice car.

Took my first test almost 2yrs ago, failed for stopping on white line, 1 minor! 9mths pregnant! Took 2nd test about a yr ago,failed for going to slow on road where wasn't sure of speed limit[ 35 in a 60 ] didn't realise could fail for going to slow, 3 minors.

Took last test about 2 mths ago failed for stalling twice in a row, no minors!!

Next test tomorrow!!! If don't pass, which i imagine i won't, will have to take theory again!!! All depends on nerves and how much of a jobsworth you get!

Archived