Drivers not noticing motorcyclists

I think a lot of it boils down to lack of respect to/for other road uses,one of the major culprits for using mobiles whilst driving is lorry drivers,sorry guys but iv'e seen loads they are just so blase....well thats great but it's not likely to be you who,gets hurt or even killed.....mobiles are great but only when used in the right place....

surely driving with one hand is against the law,i knoe someone who got find far drinking a can of coke while driving.not sure of the statistics but does not the accident rate still keep going up?

You can drive with one hand. It's tricky to change gear or indicate otherwise.

It is, however, very hard to drink a can of coke whilst looking directly ahead.

And as far as I know the number of accidents on UK roads is low, and falling.

----

I've driven many hundreds of thousand miles, and sadly I've seen a few accidents involving motorbikes, but in none of them has there been any involvement of cars - apart from a couple where the motorcyclist has apparently been on the wrong side of the road. I have, however, been overtaken in what I consider a dangerous manner by people on motorbikes on many, many occasions.

I'm sure some accidents are the fault of people in cars, and that is unfortunate for those involved, but equally I'm sure - based on experience - that most bike accidents are the result of people riding them dangerously.

i have been driving for 36yrs.used to do 40,000 to 50,000 miles for many years.anything that distracts you from your driving is what causes accidents.i remember when seat belts came in and many people were up in arms about it.now to me its just a fact of life,but i suppose some on here will see no sense in wearing one.

.anything that distracts you from your driving is what causes accidents.

Exactly - sadly it seems the government can't rely on people to use common sense and so has to try and legislate for everything, which will never work. I could write a text message in 10 seconds whilst at traffic lights and not endanger anyone, but it's illegal.

However, it is perfectly legal for me to try and hold an in-depth conversation using my bluetooth headset whilst driving past a school at 3:30.

And as far as I know the number of accidents on UK roads is low, and falling.

most bike accidents are the result of people riding them dangerously.

We have one of the worst rates of child mortality rates on the roads in Europe, despite low levels of walking and cycling.

In 75% of vehicle/cyclist or powered two wheeler accident the driver of the vehicle is at fault.

Archived