Christian candidates and election results.

As far as General Giap [north] was concerned, when he issued resolution 15

it was nothing to do with political persuasion, it was about unification of his

country which had been ruled and divided by foreigners for years.

The Vietnamese had every right to unify their country if they wish to do so.

As far as religion are concerned they were told 100 years ago by Einstein

that "matter cannot be created or destroyed" it did not need a God to create

it, it was always there in one form or another-and always will be.

Shortly after Einstein issued this statement.

Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religion than it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

"I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Of course the religion didn't listen to him because religion is a business.

The council of Europe has stopped creationism being taught as fact.

I am an atheist/humanist.

How much do you know about the cold war? Have you heard about the Domino Theory expounded by the Kennedy and Johnson administrations that if South Vietnam fell to the communist north that other countries nearby such as Cambodia, Thailand and Laos would also follow suit?

The Domino Theory has largely been discredited by modern day historians who I suspect are speaking from 20/20 hindsight. At the time the fall of a large part of south east Asia was seen as a real possibility

Aside from that i cannot understand why you tie religion into wars that took place in the 20th century. World wars 1 and 2 had nothing to do with religion. They were fought for political reasons on a continent whose people were christians by name but not necessarily church going devout christians therefore Christianity has nothing to do with the causes and reasons for wars in Europe or even anywhere else for that matter during the last 200 years

How much do you know about the cold war? Have you heard about the Domino Theory expounded by the Kennedy and Johnson administrations that if South Vietnam fell to the communist north that other countries nearby such as Cambodia, Thailand and Laos would also follow suit?

The Domino Theory has largely been discredited by modern day historians who I suspect are speaking from 20/20 hindsight. At the time the fall of a large part of south east Asia was seen as a real possibility

Aside from that i cannot understand why you tie religion into wars that took place in the 20th century. World wars 1 and 2 had nothing to do with religion. They were fought for political reasons on a continent whose people were christians by name but not necessarily church going devout christians therefore Christianity has nothing to do with the causes and reasons for wars in Europe or even anywhere else for that matter during the last 200 years

well said harleyman:cool:

[/quote

The Vietnamese had every right to unite their country, peaceful negotiations

had broken down. Giap issued resolution 15 "we are now going to unite our

country by force". 3 million Vietnamese died, 58 thousands Americans died.

But Giap was victorious, he first defeated the French at Dien Bien Phu then

kicked America out. Well done General Giap.

You are also off topic, please read the OP again.

YES, what is Christianity? that's why the pews are emptying. No one knows

what its doing/achieving. Jobs for the boys? power for the sake of it?

/

well said harleyman:cool:

As far as religion are concerned they were told 100 years ago by Einstein

that "matter cannot be created or destroyed" it did not need a God to create

it, it was always there in one form or another-and always will be.

Shortly after Einstein issued this statement.

Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religion than it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

"I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Of course the religion didn't listen to him because religion is a business.

The council of Europe has stopped creationism being taught as fact.

I am an atheist/humanist.

[/quote

The Vietnamese had every right to unite their country, peaceful negotiations

had broken down. Giap issued resolution 15 "we are now going unite our

country by force". 3 million Vietnamese died, 58 thousands Americans died.

But Giap was victorious, he first defeated the French at Dien Bien Phu then

kicked America out. Well done General Giap.

You are also off topic, please read the OP again.

A simplistic statement if ever there was one. The war was lost for the US for far more complex reasons. General Giap was indeed a very competent general and in 1965 led a North Vietnamese army to meet a US Aircav divison in the Ia Drang valley. After suffering extemely heavy losses however he was forced to withdraw his forces.

The South Vietnam government was hopelessly corrupt and turned much of the people against them by their persecution of Bhuddist monks.

The Lyndon Johnson administration had a policy of fighting the war with one hand tied behind it's back. Had they just used every B52 they had and blasted everything in North Vietnam to hell then Ho Chi Minh would have been unable to supply the VC and NVA with the means to continue fighting the war.

I was in Vietnam in 1967 -1968 at a time when the fighting was at it's worst and was part of the Marine Division which fought in the city of Hue after the Tet offensive. A lot of us were asking why all the young south Vietnamese men of military age were getting away with avoiding military service. We had nothing but contempt for them. They were a bunch of idlers, pimps and drug dealers mostly from what I remember.

Lastly the war was lost on the streets of America and when politicians decided that it was a bad image politically to go on supporting an unpopular war that seemed to be getting nowhere.

So there's your reasons why the war was lost and your simple assumption that Giap won it militarily a load of rubbish me old son so dont continue to come your with your clap trap half baked, half assed theories on this subject

You also are off topic, please read the OP.

What is your topic? A rant about politicians of the Christian religion persuasion? What's your point? Most politicians in any European country are Christians of one denomination or another. You're not in Pakistan or Iran are you? :rolleyes:

YES, what is Christianity? that's why the pews are emptying. No one knows

what its doing/achieving. Jobs for the boys? power for the sake of it?

/

You have a right to believe in religion or not believe in religion. If you're an atheist that's your right but dont hold your breath trying to convert many people to your beliefs

tony bLIAR was supposed to be catholic , but you will find he is a 33 degree mason therfore that is his true religeon as most of the presidents of the usa are, religeon is like politics a load of old tosh and they do what they do and tell you what they are but still do as they please

Archived