Christian candidates and election results.

Indeed you do have a diminished education. Please forgive my comments if you are dyslexic but I fear you are just another sub-standard product of our dark satanic mills, banging on about stuff that your brain isn't quite able to comprehend without it hurting.

I think fortisip meant to say that religious education has been reduced in schools, we don't celebrate Christmas like we used to, and we have given way to political correctness, in my opinion. :)

Who are we to judge, but many of us have condemned those things as well, so you aren't on your own jobee and I have to admit that on this issue I do agree with you. :)

Yes, Christianity is being badly led.

I shall not welcome this Pope in September.

YOU TALK A LOT OF RUBBISH. If it wasn't for religious people, we wouldn't have an educational, political or medical system, because regiolous people like monks started it all.

First off dont use capitals with me. That just shows your ignorance. Secondly start getting an education about the hsitory of the church in Europe from around the 14th through 17th centuries. All the wars between England and France, England and Spain. Spain and France all started by conniving cardinals amd popes using the kings queens and emperors to further their cause. Catholics burning heretics, Protestants killing catholics. A real religious power struggle lasting some two hundred years after Martin Luther declared his defiance against the doctrines of the catholic church and thousands upon thousands of innocents or people who dared question the teachings of the church being burned and tortured to death

Yes there were learned church people in the earliest years of Christianity just as Islam in the 11th and 12the centuries was a great and cultured religion. Even Ghengis Khan was filled with admiration for Islam after capturing some of their cities in the middle east.

But like all civilisations and empires the power that they gained caused them to become corrupt, greedy and self serving

Christopher Columbus got into a lot of trouble with the church for daring to suggest that the earth was round instead of flat. Which just goes to show that some of your religious people werent all that bright after all were they ?:D

It's a fair point that, historically, many of the leading thinkers in science and politics were also men of religion, but we live in the 21st Century, and there are far too many religious leaders, of all faiths, who seem to think that we still live in the Middle Ages, and are trying to hold back social and scientific progress. For example, the whole creationist agenda in the USA, or the treatment of women in some Islamic cultures, or the treatment of homosexuality in some African Christian societies.

There's no "creationist agenda" in the United States but like in all democracies it's an open book for discussion.

Some religious and political leaders might attempt to further the idea but any public or state run school has no religious instruction on it's curriculum whatsoever. It's not allowed under the Constitution

If people however want to go to church on Sundays and listen to the theory of divine creation that's their choice. Religion belongs where it should be in church, Sunday School or homes.

We'll be brothers yet jobee. :)

We have been net friends a long time, Christianity lost the plot many centuries

ago through bad management and fascist type bullying. Those 26 prelates

getting automatic seats in the lords will not be there much longer.

* Political Reform - Handing power back to people.

Plans to replace the House of Lords with an elected second chamber of

Parliament, scrap I.D. cards and the DNA database and referendum on

introducing a new voting system - all part of a raft of proposals Nick

Clegg unveiled today.

- http://leicester-libdems.org.uk/news/300.html

no your right its not a christian country anymore but there are plenty of christians in it the polotiticians have made a mockery of our heritage diminished education around christianity appeased the muslims through fear of upsetting them barred nativitys how sick is that councils not allowing happy christmas to be put up in lights iwould say dont be too hasty to put the christian parties down one day you may well scream out for them when all of our heritage is completley wiped out

There is to much silliness in Christianity for it to survive.

Read on.

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

Archived