British Airways union Unite announces 20 more strike days

Breaking news: BA wins a court injunction to stop the strikes from going ahead.

I don't yet know whether it's a temporary injunction pending some decision, or if the strikes have been banned outright. Links to follow.

(link added: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10119196.stm)

How much are BA spending going to court to stop the strikes. Why not spend the money on sorting the staff out, rather than looking for confrontation and then paying loads to solicitors

How much are BA spending going to court to stop the strikes.

A good point. The money spent on legal fees means there's even less chance of the union getting the deal it wanted.

On the other hand, had the strikes gone ahead and BA lost a vastly higher amount of money in missing income, there'd be less chance still, and in all likelihood there'd be even bigger cuts to staffing and pay levels than were already intended.

It's a shame the union doesn't have your insight!

How much are BA spending going to court to stop the strikes. Why not spend the money on sorting the staff out, rather than looking for confrontation and then paying loads to solicitors

Care to expand on what you mean by that?

Legal costs are a drop in the ocean compared to the loss in revenue that BA would have incurred during a strike.

I know of a certain someone that is sighing a huge sigh of relief!

Not all the cabin crew agree with striking, most of them do however agree with the issues that haven't made it into the public domain.

This is what has made this thread a joke at times. Not one of you really know the full details yet are willing to post as though you do.

So why don't you enlighten us then.:huh:

Confidential to who?

You obviously know about it.

Confidential to the public at large! I'm special so I got to see the details, not that I can remember most of them cos the list was huge. Needless to say you probably know about a tenth of the issues.

Care to expand on what you mean by that?

Legal costs are a drop in the ocean compared to the loss in revenue that BA would have incurred during a strike.

What I mean is if the people in suits at the airline were more interested in the staff they have and gving them a decent wage, the strikes would not be called and risk losing more money. You have to bear in mind the airline is not in the best fianacial health as it is. Wasting money on solictors and court fees is a complete waste of money

Confidential to the public at large! I'm special so I got to see the details, not that I can remember most of them cos the list was huge. Needless to say you probably know about a tenth of the issues.

What a load of bull!

If you aren't in the employment of BA, then you aren't bound by any confidentiality unless you signed the official states secret act.

What I mean is if the people in suits at the airline were more interested in the staff they have and gving them a decent wage, the strikes would not be called and risk losing more money. You have to bear in mind the airline is not in the best fianacial health as it is. Wasting money on solictors and court fees is a complete waste of money

I would say spending money on legal fees is well spent if it stops a damaging strike that would have cost the company millions more.

Archived