Nick robinson bbc

Who do we actually owe money too? A friend and I were trying to think and then thought.....every country seems to be in dept..........if someone could explain it, that would be much appreciated.

Each person is in DEBT - personal DEBT.

The government owes monet to the markets.

We are currently borrowing more money as we increase the deficit - the difference between the amount of money the govt spends (yes I know they call it investment, but it isn't, it is spending) and the amount they receive in taxes from business, industry, indirect and direct taxation tariffs etc.

Nick Roinson is one of the few BBC employees who isn't rabidly left wing. The left wing bias on the BBC manifests itself in virtually every aspect of what they broadcast. Have you listened to the Today Program? Thy interupt the tories on every possible occasion and leave the others to get their points across.

BBC isn't rabidly left wing. It's just that they're not as right wing and swivel eyed as other media outlets.

Who do we actually owe money too? A friend and I were trying to think and then thought.....every country seems to be in dept..........if someone could explain it, that would be much appreciated.

We aren't bankrupt, in fact we are worth 9 Trillion and don't let others tell you differently.

The wealth isn't fairly distributed but it is there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8405901.stm

Each person is in DEBT - personal DEBT.

The government owes monet to the markets.

We are currently borrowing more money as we increase the deficit - the difference between the amount of money the govt spends (yes I know they call it investment, but it isn't, it is spending) and the amount they receive in taxes from business, industry, indirect and direct taxation tariffs etc.

So essentially.....the goverment borrows money on our behalf. Does the money techincally exist in the first place?

We aren't bankrupt, in fact we are worth 9 Trillion and don't let others tell you differently.

The wealth isn't fairly distributed but it is there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8405901.stm

You keep coming out with this nonsense figure.

Of course its not fairly distributed. Those who are intelligent/work hard/are lucky have more - much of it is taken away from those who work hard and given to those who do not - this demoralises those who do work hard. I accept that some people should be looked after by the state, but the current situation is beyond the pale. A couple earning £60K a year should not be receiving benefits.

it might be because the holier than though clegg is not working in the national interest but trying to get the best deal for his party, now is not the time for party political interests with the current economic climate, lets get a stable government in place then have another election in a year then hopefully the conservatives will win it outright

Of course he might just happen to think that Proportional Representation IS in the best interest of the country as a whole, in the long term, in which case he would be acting in a much more honourable way than you give him credit.

Archived