Dennis's shop Fir Vale

dazza

Does any body remeber dennis's shop with the big cart wheel in the window and the gnomes. Dennis wsa related to my grandfarther altho i dont know what happend to dennis or his shop as my grandfarther died ?

Wherebouts was it exactly?

Was this the one on Owler Lane, heading towards Brightside, either next door or near to a pub?

I'm sure my older brother used to buy books from the shop many years ago, although I have no idea what happened to the owners.

Dennis Collins' Swap Shop on Upwell Street next to The Ball Inn pub. It's all boarded up now, but in its day was a great shop. I remember once buying a car battery charger from there and old Dennis wanted to try it out first before I bought it. He plugged it in but the crocodile clips were touching and loads of sparks came flying off em. He shat his pants :P

Be nice to see some photos (of the shop, not Dennis in mid shat!)

Originally posted by Trever

Dennis Collins' Swap Shop on Upwell Street next to The Ball Inn pub. It's all boarded up now, but in its day was a great shop. I remember once buying a car battery charger from there and old Dennis wanted to try it out first before I bought it. He plugged it in but the crocodile clips were touching and loads of sparks came flying off em. He shat his pants :P

Be nice to see some photos (of the shop, not Dennis in mid shat!)

when i lived in page hall i was always in there stocking up on marvel comics and crime novels every now and again you could find some rare items which where vastly underpriced , wonder what happend to the owners of the place ?

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I seem to remember Dennis having a shop on Earlmarshal Road (near it's junction with Grimesthorpe Road) obviously long gone now. I think it was on the right hand side of the road if you were walking towards Grimesthorpe. I vaguely remember my dad taking me in there when I was a kid and he bought me some old comics. I think that when this shop closed down, Dennis moved to the one on Upwell Street.

Can anyone confirm this or prove me wrong?

I seem to remember Dennis having a shop on Earlmarshal Road (near it's junction with Grimesthorpe Road) obviously long gone now. I think it was on the right hand side of the road if you were walking towards Grimesthorpe. I vaguely remember my dad taking me in there when I was a kid and he bought me some old comics. I think that when this shop closed down, Dennis moved to the one on Upwell Street.

Can anyone confirm this or prove me wrong?

yes it was opposite the old grimesthorpe junior school on the corner of grimesthorpe road...see the thread anybody come from grimesthorpe :love:

Archived