Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

As someone has already posted on this thread has said, with the attitude of the op towards anyone who has slightly agreed with the schools policy on this, it clearly shows she has no intentions of taking advice from anyone unless it is what she wants to hear.

I agree. The phrase "there's none so blind as those who cannot see" springs to mind.

I just wish I knew more details of the trip so I can watch the car crash that will kick off!

Has there been some alarming rise in the rate of child abuse for children going on school trips accompanied by their parent(s) over the last 40 years?

When I was young parents were often asked to accompany their children. Course then there were no crb checks or whatever.

Are you now trying to cast suspicion on all parents that help out with school trips?.......... you paranoid ones as well.

Why do you go out of your way to look for confrontation when none exists.

As I am not trying to cast any suspicion (read the words - just the words), I wonder who the paranoid ones might really be?

Not just anyone - the parent of a child who is going on the trip.

Love how you just miss out bits to make your point.

Honestly? As long as they're a parent of a child on the trip, it's alright?

Hypothetically, what if they're an abusive parent who wants to ensure their child remains under their control even when out with the school? Is it still alright - because they're a parent?

What if they don't want to be checked because they actually are on List 99, or actually do have convictions for assaulting children? Is it still alright - because they're a parent?

Do you honestly think that because they're a parent, they're prevented from being a danger to other children, or even their own?

Regardless of how anyone feels about the policy: The school will have a policy that parents must be checked before attending outings. I believe ALL schools do. This policy will have been made clear to the parents. It is the OP's own fault that they did not take this into account when booking their child onto the trip, and that they left it too late to be checked.

Chalk it up to experience, stop acting like a donkey, and make sure you get it sorted in time for the next trip.

I dearly hope your daughter is too young to be embarassed by all this bravado and braying about a situation that coulod have been avoided by the OP in the first place. :rolleyes:

Has there been some alarming rise in the rate of child abuse for children going on school trips accompanied by their parent(s) over the last 40 years?

When I was young parents were often asked to accompany their children. Course then there were no crb checks or whatever.

People didn't wear seatbelts, either. Or use childseats. Does that mean we should take backward steps in those safety precautions, now?

What really is the problem with asking people to do a CRB or List99 check? No-one is saying the OP can't ever go on trips with his kid, they are only saying that they need to take reasonable precautions beforehand. Is that so terrible?

Honestly? As long as they're a parent of a child on the trip, it's alright?

Hypothetically, what if they're an abusive parent who wants to ensure their child remains under their control even when out with the school?

I stopped reading at this point.

It was just too funny. Tell me please, how would a crb check find this out?

Archived