Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

I think you're wasting your time Cosywolf, trying to argue with the "armchair experts" who think they're right based on their narrow little view, rather than those of us who work IN the system and know the ins and outs.

But as soon as there's an incident, they're the first bleating "why weren't safeguards in place"

Unless you are crb checked! Thats right folks. I cant acompany my own daughter on a school trip because im not crb checked. Anybody else think this is wrong?

A different slant on this: my daughter (who is 16 and thus could still be considered a child) has signed up as a volunteer at the Northern General and, as such, had to get a CRB check done as she be could be working with vulnerable (adult) patients. No doubt she'll also be coming into contact with lots of not-so-vulnerable patients ...maybe I should press for all of them to be CRB checked too :suspect:

I think you're wasting your time Cosywolf, trying to argue with the "armchair experts" who think they're right based on their narrow little view, rather than those of us who work IN the system and know the ins and outs.

But as soon as there's an incident, they're the first bleating "why weren't safeguards in place"

You're too entrenched in the system to see beyond your narrow little view and realise what a waste of time and money the system is.

It's a waste of time trying to explain to you because you don't WANT to understand.

See, you can do that both ways around ;)

Because YOUR child will NOT be the only one there, and the school and the majority of parents prefer their children's safety to come before individual parents' need for attention and drama.

What will happen then if there are other adults at this beach. (I think someone mentioned beach). Will the world end, will all the children be abducted, or will the police swoop in and clear the beach of these probable paedophiles?

Or more likely will the teachers observe any interaction and ensure that it's safe? If the latter, why can't this be applied to parents if for some reason they interact with children other than their own?

You're too entrenched in the system to see beyond your narrow little view and realise what a waste of time and money the system is.

It's a waste of time trying to explain to you because you don't WANT to understand.

More like I've seen the system work, especially with the work I do with CEOP.

Yes, you do get news reports on when the system fails (Ian Huntley). But that's just one report on the negative.

It's a shame you and the media not privy to the CRB checks which identify and catch offenders.

You should have seen the teachers kicking off when Sparklebox was restricted in schools. They were whinging and whining that Daniel Kinge was doing an excellent job, when all the time he was collecting images of children through the site for his private sordid collection.

The teachers were demanding that the site be unblocked, not knowing what was happening behind the scenes. Those in the know knew what was happening, but couldn't reveal the reasons why.

This is a kinda interesting thread. I've had a CRB check because I worked with the public so I can see the benefits. Mikmouse has a valid point but then so do others who argue against his reasoning.

But if Mikmouse stuck to his guns would the school also say he was unable to attend his daughters school for such things as sports-day or parents evenings, after all he's only there for his daughter but other children are in attendance?

You think that school trips can only be run with accompanying parents, not just with staff?

No, but the ones that come to our place always have to get parents in to help because they don't have the staff to spare. If the paren't aren't left alone with the kids there should be no need for a CRB.

If you need a check then the school should pay for it and not you. That would be a fair compromise.

I think that is a good idea... I would have thought they would have offered if they wanted you to help with a school trip, because schools should only accept CRB's that are sent for from that school, not from anywhere else (stupid, I know, but that is what they are supposed to do).

Archived