Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

Nobody is "presumed guilty", just not cleared to work with children.

Surely being a parent qualifies you to work with children?

Ah, but there is. The school can report you to the police as a suspicious loiterer and you will be removed. Nobody messes about when the safety of chlidren is at stake.

Remember Baby P?

Because YOUR child will NOT be the only one there, and the school and the majority of parents prefer their children's safety to come before individual parents' need for attention and drama.

Im not there for other children, just mine.

I think you're wasting your time Cosywolf, trying to argue with the "armchair experts" who think they're right based on their narrow little view, rather than those of us who work IN the system and know the ins and outs.

But as soon as there's an incident, they're the first bleating "why weren't safeguards in place"

You mean my narrow view of still believing you should be innocent until proved guilty?

Ah, but there is. The school can report you to the police as a suspicious loiterer and you will be removed. Nobody messes about when the safety of chlidren is at stake.

Ah yes. Man found suspiciously enjoying time with his own child at seaside.

They should throw the bloody book at me:rolleyes:

Bolshy? A bit.

Thick? No.

People with a 'nobody's going to tell me what to do' attitude? With my kids, your Damn right fella.

My bold

If you're not thick, why do you seem to be unable to grasp the simple fact that, despite your intention to spend time only with your daughter, there are going to be other children on the trip and it is for their benefit that the school insists on accompanying parents having a CRB check?

I don't want to get into discussions about whether CRB checks are useful or not, because that fairly irrelevant to this particular situation. What is relevant is that the school has rules and you seem unable to accept that they should apply to you.

Not annoyed about missing out as i wont be and neither will my daughter.

Like i said, we will be attending the day trip and i just hope the school dont embarrass themselves by trying to stop me

:)

My bold

I fear the only person likely to be embarrassed is your poor daughter, who it seems will end up in the middle of a silly argument between her father and the school. Daddy standing arguing the toss about rules not having to apply to him doesn't exactly set a good example for the child.

If you were such a wonderful parent, I'd expect to you to be more concerned about your daughter and how such a scene would affect her, rather than obsessing about how you're not going to let the school tell you what to do!

My bold

If you're not thick, why do you seem to be unable to grasp the simple fact that, despite your intention to spend time only with your daughter, there are going to be other children on the trip and it is for their benefit that the school insists on accompanying parents having a CRB check?

!

Because its an invation of my privacy, i dont want it, i dont need it and the school cant have it.

I fear the only person likely to be embarrassed is your poor daughter, who it seems will end up in the middle of a silly argument between her father and the school. Daddy standing arguing the toss about rules not having to apply to him doesn't exactly set a good example for the child.

If you were such a wonderful parent, I'd expect to you to be more concerned about your daughter and how such a scene would affect her, rather than obsessing about how you're not going to let the school tell you what to do!

No, she will see her Daddy standing up for his rights to be on the beach with his daughter and not have to jump through silly hoops to do it.

Because its an invation of my privacy, i dont want it, i dont need it and the school cant have it.

Doh! a CRB check does just that checks the criminal records, hardly an invasion of privacy unless you have a record in the first place :roll:

Archived