Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

How old are the children?

Just a minor point - if your daughter is going on a school trip to spend all her time with you and not her school friends, why is she going on the trip? You might as well go on your own on Sunday and save all this pointless argument.

Ive no intention of kicking off. Why would i when my daughters there:confused:

We are going round in circles mate, if the school say you can't go on the trip you can't go, end of.

If you roll up to the destination under your own steam they may leave you and your child separate from the party.

As for your smilie at the end of your post, I agree you are very confused.

You say that you're not interested in the other children - you just want to spend time with your daughter...

So what if one of the kids ends up paddling out of their depth for instance? Would you be interested in helping them/or preventing them from getting into difficulties? Or are you only concerned about the wellbeing of your own child?

We're talking about a day trip here, not people moving in with the kids! We're talking a few hours in the company of other adults, teachers and children - what do you think they're going to do in that time?? Parents are a valuable asset on school trips because of the children:adult ratio. I can't imagine anyone even having time to think about doing anything wrong - you're too busy trying to make sure everyone's where they should be and taking part in activities with the children. I am CRB checked because of my job but I know other parents aren't and I'm fine with that.

But that isn't the point. I am quite happy for other parents who aren't CRB checked to look after my children. That is not the same as the school not being allowed to leave children alone with parents who are not CRB checked. I have to be CRB checked because I work with children, sometimes alone. I don't moan about it because my place of work has a duty to ensure that I am checked.

You say that you're not interested in the other children - you just want to spend time with your daughter...

So what if one of the kids ends up paddling out of their depth for instance? Would you be interested in helping them/or preventing them from getting into difficulties? Or are you only concerned about the wellbeing of your own child?

Oh please. What a twisted little man you must be to think of somthing like that.

Oh please. What a twisted little man you must be to think of somthing like that.

I agree with Mikmouse on this post.

What an absoloutely pathetic comment by bananasplit.

Not at all.

As a parent, I would want to know that the person kicking up a stink with the school by insisting to be allowed to accompany HIS daughter on the trip, was also considering the needs of ALL the children on the trip.

Not quite the same way of asking though was it?

If at first you don't succeed.

How old are the children?

Just a minor point - if your daughter is going on a school trip to spend all her time with you and not her school friends, why is she going on the trip? You might as well go on your own on Sunday and save all this pointless argument.

Quite. Infantalise a child at your peril.

Archived