Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

I concede. Tactless example, and I apologise to Mik.

I should have used an example of the children isolating one particular child as the for instance.

Appology accepted.

But my daughter wont be isolated. You think the school party will be the only people on the beach?

Not annoyed about missing out as i wont be and neither will my daughter.

Like i said, we will be attending the day trip and i just hope the school dont embarrass themselves by trying to stop me

:)

Isn`t that just teaching your child that its ok to break rules?

The school shouldn`t have taken your money for the trip without explaining the crb check to you in full.

they should definitely return your money to you.

Why not just fill in the forms so you are crb checked for next time a trip comes up?

or ask them about the list 99 (or whatever its called) our school does them so I assume they are used in most schools when its short notice for crb`s?

How weird. I went of a pre-school trip with my son and lots of other kids and their parents. Nobody asked if I was CRB checked. I AM CRB checked, but they didn't know that. I doubt ALL parents there were checked too.

Some of the parents (me included) are driving the children to the coast.

Was that always the plan? That makes a lot more sense as to why they would require a CRB. Could you not either ask the school to get you a CRB or only take your own child and meet them all there?

Was that always the plan? That makes a lot more sense.

Im sure i said it somewhere in the thread but yes, the plan is for about half a dozen parents to take cars meaning they can hire a smaller and cheaper bus.

Appology accepted.

But my daughter wont be isolated. You think the school party will be the only people on the beach?

No I didn't mean she would be.

I was just trying to think of a scenario whereby a bit of teacher/parent intervention might be needed.

Children are re-knowned for falling out one week, then making friends the next. What I meant was, lets say a group of child are deliberately excluding another child. Would you intervene or would you only be concerned if it was your daughter?

From your previous posts you've said you only want to go to spend time with your daughter...surely a parent who helps on these trips has got to be seen to be fair to all the children, and not just their own.

(and I truly hope I've explained that well enough, because upsetting people on here is never my intention!)

No I didn't mean she would be.

I was just trying to think of a scenario whereby a bit of teacher/parent intervention might be needed.

Children are re-knowned for falling out one week, then making friends the next. What I meant was, lets say a group of child are deliberately excluding another child. Would you intervene or would you only be concerned if it was your daughter?

From your previous posts you've said you only want to go to spend time with your daughter...surely a parent who helps on these trips has got to be seen to be fair to all the children, and not just their own.

(and I truly hope I've explained that well enough, because upsetting people on here is never my intention!)

Ok ill go along with you for a while.

Of course id intervene, im not just a parent im a human being and could never see an upset child left alone. But seeing as the school are being morons rather than approach the child myself id speak to a teacher and let them know. If a child was drowning, id do my my best and give my last breath to try and save it.

Because like i said, im a human being.

Im sure i said it somewhere in the thread but yes, the plan is for about half a dozen parents to take cars meaning they can hire a smaller and cheaper bus.

But surely, the fact children are getting into cars with adults is an obvious reason as to needing a CRB check?

Would you honestly not want that same reassurance if your daughter was being driven by someone you knew nothing about?

I really don't understand your stance on this.

Archived