Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

But surely, the fact children are getting into cars with adults is an obvious reason as to needing a CRB check?

Would you honestly not want that same reassurance if your daughter was being driven by someone you knew nothing about?

I really don't understand your stance on this.

Are you mad man?

Children getting into their PARENTS CARS!!

Stop taking the ****!

But surely, the fact children are getting into cars with adults is an obvious reason as to needing a CRB check?

Would you honestly not want that same reassurance if your daughter was being driven by someone you knew nothing about?

I really don't understand your stance on this.

I'm often giving lifts to my daughter's friends and there are reciprocal arrangements, without any of us parents really knowing that much about eachother. Ditto with sleepovers - which are surely far more risky than school trips?

Oh so it's each parent driving their own child? One adult, one child per car?

Seems a very strange way of conducting a school trip. :loopy:

OMG. Some parents have a few children, they were the ones wdo decided to take theirs by car.

Happy now?

Ah, but there is. The school can report you to the police as a suspicious loiterer and you will be removed. Nobody messes about when the safety of chlidren is at stake.

thats true.. i work in school and i support the school all the way when it comes to CRB checks..ive met some parents and wouldnt like to think i was letting my child going on trips in the company of some of these parents..a couple of which probably wouldnt even pass a CRB check..i know not all parents are the same but its definately a good idea :)

Your not going without a crb check. End of chat.

Why not get it sorted instead of ranting on here?

Just a suggestion.

cant see what the problem is? CRB checks are funded by the school so its free,costs nothing and gives school and every other parent piece of mind..

You seem to have paedophilia on the brain. It must be really difficult for you going through life believing everyone is a paedophile.

Pull your head out of your arse, i've not even used the word paedophile once.

The way I understand it, anyone convicted of an offence that makes them a danger to children will not have custody of their own children.

There are a lot of people who would fail a CRB check who have custody of their children, it isn't just sexual crimes. A history of violence is another factor. The checks even run to the point of driving offences. I wouldn't like someone taking children in their car if they had convictions in their past for dangerous driving.

I feel like i'm being pushed into a Brass Eye "nonce sense" box, and to be honest i don't hold that strong an opinion. I believe that 99.99% of parents who wish to help a school trip should be allowed, but then when that 0.01% breaks through and hurts a child then i know what will be said. People won't be so liberal then. My main point is that we live in a culture where people will litigate and we have to CRB check, because it is the best tool we have at present.

Its very important my my daughter to go and shes really looking forward to it.

For the record i told them to shove their rules, ill be attending and if they have a problem then thats tough.

Have you calmed down a bit yet?

If you turn up to school in a state like that they'd be perfectly right to turn you away and call the police if you refuse to go.

I agree with the op. You need a certain number of adults per child for a school trip. If you allow parents to help it saves the school money (which allows the kids to go on trips). These kids will come into contact with the parents of friends anyway so CRB checks are a complete waste and cost a lot of money for the individual. The most ridiculous one I have heard is authors having to get checked (I think this just an idea at the moment). They would be in a hall full of people, what do the lawmakers think they will do??

Archived