Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

Its very important my my daughter to go and shes really looking forward to it.

For the record i told them to shove their rules, ill be attending and if they have a problem then thats tough.

They won't have a problem; you will, because you won't be allowed into the party, and if necessary you'll be removed by force.

For the record i told them to shove their rules, ill be attending and if they have a problem then thats tough.

What a wonderful example to set your daughter. Well done. You don't allow a system to protect children tell you what to do.

Non-story?

Who are you to decide if its a non-story?

Because that's all it is.

I don't know the parents of any other children in my daughter's class or their history. When she goes on school trips I like to feel safe in the knowledge that she's in safe hands with professionals, not just some parent who wants to tag along for reasons unknown to me.

If you want to go on trips and have a supervisory role, get CRB checked like the rest of us do.

EDIT: If you told them to "shove their rules" I'm guessing you wouldn't be a suitable guardian anyway, and a perfect example of the CRB scheme working!

It's just silly to demand a parent have a crb check before accompanying their child on a trip. Why?

If my daughter is going on a school trip and I wish to be there with her then I can follow the coach in my car, park up, and then walk with the group. There is nothing in the law that can prevent me doing this. So - what is the difference between this and a parent travelling with their child?

Actually though - my daughter would probably enjoy going on the school trip to spend time with her schoolfriends and such without me being there watching over her all the time so I would elect not to go.

If my daughter is going on a school trip and I wish to be there with her then I can follow the coach in my car, park up, and then walk with the group. There is nothing in the law that can prevent me doing this.

I would imagine there is. You wouldn't just be following your daughter, you'd be following other children aswell.

It's just silly to demand a parent have a crb check before accompanying their child on a trip. Why?

If my daughter is going on a school trip and I wish to be there with her then I can follow the coach in my car, park up, and then walk with the group. There is nothing in the law that can prevent me doing this.

Ah, but there is. The school can report you to the police as a suspicious loiterer and you will be removed. Nobody messes about when the safety of chlidren is at stake.

Because you might be another Daniel / Samuel Kinge. Look him up if you don't know his name or what he did, or why he changed his name and continued in doing what he did.

I don't want to accuse you of being ignorant, but parents sometimes don't know the full facts behind some aspects of teaching and protecting children.

Would you rather have a free for all and let any parent accompany your children, or would you rather let the CRB scheme try and filter them out?

Its very important my my daughter to go and shes really looking forward to it.

Tell you what, Mik.

From what I've seen of your personality on this and some other threads, I wouldn't want you on a trip with either of my kids.

Ah, but there is. The school can report you to the police as a suspicious loiterer and you will be removed. Nobody messes about when the safety of chlidren is at stake.

. . . but if you tell them that you are a Freemason you will be able to do what you like.

Archived