Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

Haven't read all of this thread (ten pages long) but I remember accompanying a school trip when i was a teacher training student when the parents "helping" decided that they were going off for their lunch and came back from the pub steaming drunk! They needed more supervision than the kids!

I thank god there are procedures in place!

As an aside the law has very recently changed on passenger transport to and from public places for children, This has been in the last fiscal year. Additionally if you are transporting children other than your own you need business insurance. I am looking to try and find you some public information on this now.

Will try find you a link.

There are also the rules and regulations on minimum height as well and seating provision, will try and find you a link on that too.

Not commenting on the rest!

http://www.midas-training.org.uk/Dept_Children_Schools_Families/Edd%20Balls%20Replies.pdf

can't find the very up to date one online and each authority has different directives anyway.

This generic one is available for you to read though and was supplemented in 2002

http://publications.teachernet.gov.uk/default.aspx?PageFunction=productdetails&PageMode=publications&ProductId=HSPV2

Enjoy some light bedtime reading!

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/management/epc/Procurement_Guidance/transport/

This one followed the general directive of children and child seats.

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm#otherrear

This is a general site on the matter.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/education/visits.htm

Some general guidance on school visits that might clarify things for you.

And you've paid for a ticket to drive yourself to the coast? :huh:

The money is for the t-shirt, the goodie bag, a contribution to the coach price for the parents unfortunate enough to be lee finantialy well off,,, do you want more or have i explained myself enough for you?:rolleyes:

I dont like the inference that unless i get a crb check im untrustworthy to look after my own child on a school trip.

Lets say i home school her and decided to go for a day out at the see side.

Would i need to crb check myself to see if im trustworthy enough to accompany her?

Mikmouse, I've tried to read through your points on this to see what your main issue is.

a) As far as i understand it, you wish to spend time with your daughter and don't see why it is an issue when you spend time with her outside school.

That's because at that point, legally you are responsible for your child. When your child is at school or on school business, school are.

Hopefully when you've had a chance to read the legislation i posted, you'll realise that all schools' hands are tied and i would ask if you have a real issue that you think your particular school have deviated from this generic policy, that you ask for a copy of their "school trips and visits" policy.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you deciding that you do not want your child to attend the school trip and wish instead to take her on the same day to the same beach. Again I'd apply for an authorised holiday absence if you decide to exercise that, as it would probably go down as unauthorised otherwise.

the school offers free CRB checks for parents or other family members who want to accompany their and other children on school trips..

You said that the school funded the checks.

I say that there is no charge to be funded for volunteers.

Mikmouse, I've tried to read through your points on this to see what your main issue is.

a) As far as i understand it, you wish to spend time with your daughter and don't see why it is an issue when you spend time with her outside school.

That's because at that point, legally you are responsible for your child. When your child is at school or on school business, school are.

Hopefully when you've had a chance to read the legislation i posted, you'll realise that all schools' hands are tied and i would ask if you have a real issue that you think your particular school have deviated from this generic policy, that you ask for a copy of their "school trips and visits" policy.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you deciding that you do not want your child to attend the school trip and wish instead to take her on the same day to the same beach. Again I'd apply for an authorised holiday absence if you decide to exercise that, as it would probably go down as unauthorised otherwise.

Wouldn't that take a lot of common sense, reasoning, and the ability to take the group into consideration rather than "f*c* everyone else...I have a stand to make".

Archived