Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

Mikmouse, I've tried to read through your points on this to see what your main issue is.

a) As far as i understand it, you wish to spend time with your daughter and don't see why it is an issue when you spend time with her outside school.

That's because at that point, legally you are responsible for your child. When your child is at school or on school business, school are.

Hopefully when you've had a chance to read the legislation i posted, you'll realise that all schools' hands are tied and i would ask if you have a real issue that you think your particular school have deviated from this generic policy, that you ask for a copy of their "school trips and visits" policy.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you deciding that you do not want your child to attend the school trip and wish instead to take her on the same day to the same beach. Again I'd apply for an authorised holiday absence if you decide to exercise that, as it would probably go down as unauthorised otherwise.

A sensible post.

The money is for the t-shirt, the goodie bag, a contribution to the coach price for the parents unfortunate enough to be lee finantialy well off,,, do you want more or have i explained myself enough for you?:rolleyes:

It doesn't say 'I'm with this idiot' on it, does it?:hihi:

The worlds gone mad ...i went on every school trip with my child not so long ago as did many other parents.....can someone tell me the last time a child was harmed on a school trip by a parent...ime sure you are all quite mad and i bet if you asked the teachers they would tell you the same thing .....its bloody pathetic ... :loopy:

Unless you are crb checked!

Thats right folks. I cant acompany my own daughter on a school trip because im not crb checked.

Anybody else think this is wrong?

It's quite clear you are a raving pervert because you totally failed to prove you are just some normal person.

These daft paranoid ideas are just way over the top now.

How and why you lot put up with that crap in the UK shocks me.

Photographers are getting arrested in case they are perverts.

Trainspotters are kopping the same in case they are terrorists and every bugger else is assumed to be shagging kids because they don't have a bit of paper saying they have never been caught at it.

So can a poster please explain why you actually allow this instead of all the parents getting together and giving the school a sod off tablet?

The state (us workers) pays for identified/alleged sex offenders to spend time with their children. My OH facilitiates such meetings.

I live on a route from a council estate to local shops selling alcohol. I see parents effing and cursing their (under 5 years old) children and I despair. I have had to pass comment on occasion. What excuse is there for telling a 3 year-old to '****ing shut up'? They would probably come up clean on a CRB check and be able to accompany their offspring on a coach trip.

We need better ways of assessing suitable parents.

Guest sibon
The worlds gone mad ...i went on every school trip with my child not so long ago as did many other parents.....can someone tell me the last time a child was harmed on a school trip by a parent...ime sure you are all quite mad and i bet if you asked the teachers they would tell you the same thing .....its bloody pathetic ... :loopy:

I think that the next time is the more important factor.

Do you seriously think that it is ok to give any adult, carte blanche to join a school trip?

When Im not working I accompany my daughter on her school trips, with the job I do I do have an up to date CRB certificate but have never been asked by the school if I have one or not. The last time I went I was taking the children to the loo's, and sometimes they ask for help, so for this reason I can see why the schools would ask for checks, but as someone else has already stated, this doesn't really prove anything, people are paedophiles maybe for many years before they are caught, if they are ever caught

Archived