Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

(I've only read up to page 2..)

I have been CRB checked previously because I worked on a one to one basis with vulnerable adults. I was fine with that. I was even expected to be CRB checked when I was observing mature students working with clients. It wasn't a legal requirement but the agency put it in to their 'plan'.

I recall seeing some research many years ago that suggested a sex offender would start off low level and get braver the longer (he) didn't get caught. It stated some offenders committed over 200 offences before they were nicked for something. This is primarily about 'stranger' offences but even so, I find it a little disturbing if true.

We are moving to the vetting and barring scheme soon anyway. 2% of women make up the sex offender's register although some say that there could be up to 64,000 female offenders out there.

Is it worth it if all this legislation stops a handful of children from being groomed or abused or does it take away too many freedoms and cause resentment and bad feeling?

I'm also CRB checked for my work, but it's compulsory.

This ISA thing is just crazy. I think the idea of furthering CRB may be a good idea, however, this thing just doesn't seem to be the right answer.

If knew your name and address now Bloom, I could effectively put you out of work in an instant, by reporting you for something, that I've just concocted in my imagination.

It's quite clear you are a raving pervert because you totally failed to prove you are just some normal person.

These daft paranoid ideas are just way over the top now.

How and why you lot put up with that crap in the UK shocks me.

Photographers are getting arrested in case they are perverts.

Trainspotters are kopping the same in case they are terrorists and every bugger else is assumed to be shagging kids because they don't have a bit of paper saying they have never been caught at it.

So can a poster please explain why you actually allow this instead of all the parents getting together and giving the school a sod off tablet?

Because its come in slowly one thing at a time. With each new thing people bleat "think of the children!" or "save me from the terrorists!" and the voice of logical reason is drowned out. The sheeple have become accustomed to having their every move video recorded and having to get bits of paper from the state to say they haven't been caught buggering kiddies.

I particularly notice how bad the UK has got when I've spent some time out of the country and then come back to this land of surveillance.

I think that the next time is the more important factor.

Do you seriously think that it is ok to give any adult, carte blanche to join a school trip?

Of course it's totally wrong.

All parents need to be checked in case they are bedding their own daughter/son and just in case one of their kid's friends come round to play and they screw him/her as well.

It's a school trip you numpty. What do you think they are going to do, bonk a five year old on the back seat of the bus and hope no one notices?

Of course it's totally wrong.

All parents need to be checked in case they are bedding their own daughter/son and just in case one of their kid's friends come round to play and they screw him/her as well.

It's a school trip you numpty. What do you think they are going to do, bonk a five year old on the back seat of the bus and hope no one notices?

But in this case there isn't a school bus, the parents are going to be taking the kids off in their own cars. If I was a parent I would actually be more worried about my children not being covered by the car insurance, but that is another matter.

This is one of those cases of people thinking that the exception is the rule. Parents don't have to be CRB checked to go on school trips if they aren't going to be left alone in charge of the kids. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that if it was my kids. However, if parents are going to be left alone with children while the school are responsible for them then the school is going to want to cover themselves.

In 99% of school trips this wouldn't be an issue.

I particularly notice how bad the UK has got when I've spent some time out of the country and then come back to this land of surveillance.

I am out of that place and happy about it. Of course there are a few bad people about but the UK has gone stupid about everything. Everyone seems to be running around accusing, or at least assuming, every person you meet is up to something.

Out here a bloke with a camera in a kids play area is assumed to be taking photos of his kid playing. How daft is that when you consider he could be taking a crafty shot of my 2 year old lass and self sexing himself at her photo when he gets home?

Here, everyone take photos of their kids in such places. It's normal to want pictures of your kid playing but not normal to have some jobsworth security guard or paranoid cretin moaning on about how a bloke is a pervert because he has a camera.

I am out of that place and happy about it. Of course there are a few bad people about but the UK has gone stupid about everything. Everyone seems to be running around accusing, or at least assuming, every person you meet is up to something.

Out here a bloke with a camera in a kids play area is assumed to be taking photos of his kid playing. How daft is that when you consider he could be taking a crafty shot of my 2 year old lass and self sexing himself at her photo when he gets home?

Here, everyone take photos of their kids in such places. It's normal to want pictures of your kid playing but not normal to have some jobsworth security guard or paranoid cretin moaning on about how a bloke is a pervert because he has a camera.

I'm sure I don't normally agree with you wath. :hihi:

Unless you are crb checked!

Thats right folks. I cant acompany my own daughter on a school trip because im not crb checked.

Anybody else think this is wrong?

No, like it or not parents can be sexual predators too.

Then no parents should ever go on school trips. A CRB check does not mean they are not sexual predators, simply that they haven't been caught. Someone above tells us that they may do 200 pervy things before being caught.

Do you think they'll be bonking the kids at the back of the minibus without anyone noticing?

And don't send your kids round to another child's house if their parents are in.

And most commonly amongst the active paedophile circle, that's where they are [family at least]!

A CRB check wouldn't show this. I personally wouldn't be as stubborn as the OP and show my CRB, but I can see where he/she is coming from.

But in this case there isn't a school bus,

Yes there is you just didnt read it properly.

For you and the rest who didnt i said that there was a bus but to save on costs some parent were asked to drive THEIR OWN CHILDREN TO THE BEACH!

Archived