Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

If a helper (parent or not) on a school trip harmed/injured a child, then it was later found that person already had a criminal record for violence/sex offences, there would be hell up(and rightly so)

The schools aren`t accusing all parents of being a danger to children, they are simply covering their backs.

its not about who has a crb, or who may be dangerous around kids.

its simple

its about a school head teacher who is so scared he or she may ever be accused of being negligent that if they had their way they would black the windows so no one could even see a child.

the papers won. they created a society where people are so scared of the unlikely that laws got passed.

just a reminder. Ian Huntly had two clear CRB's

didnt stop him.

I would just add that the teacher is in a position created by legislation and I have a sympathy for the position they have been put in.

I agree with you about the papers creating a situation and the Labour goverment passed unnecessary legislation to show they were doing something. They banned the carrying of certain types of knives when there was already adequate legislation in place under the Offensive Weapons Act which it only needed applying

Archived