Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

I have been CRB checked previously because I worked on a one to one basis with vulnerable adults. I was fine with that. I was even expected to be CRB checked when I was observing mature students working with clients. It wasn't a legal requirement but the agency put it in to their 'plan'.

I recall seeing some research many years ago that suggested a sex offender would start off low level and get braver the longer (he) didn't get caught. It stated some offenders committed over 200 offences before they were nicked for something. This is primarily about 'stranger' offences but even so, I find it a little disturbing if true.

We are moving to the vetting and barring scheme soon anyway. 2% of women make up the sex offender's register although some say that there could be up to 64,000 female offenders out there.

Is it worth it if all this legislation stops a handful of children from being groomed or abused or does it take away too many freedoms and cause resentment and bad feeling?

So now we live in a world where everyone is guilty BEFORE they are proved innocent?

Not guilty, just suspected of being guilty.

There are some instances though, where you are automatically guilty, even if you can prove your innocence.

I think its got way out of hand these days I know the idea is a well intentioned one but its all gone to far these days. Personally I would be far more worried about people my daughter may be talking to on the net rather than parents who may accompany kids on the school trip.

Oh for crying out loud:loopy:

The sensible answer here is that it should be a million times easier to get a CRB check. They should be able to ring an agency or something and issue you with one within a few days; that would be the sensible answer. You can't argue with that logic, surely? Or do you want any Tom, Dick or Gary following your daughter around?

The sensible answer here is that it should be a million times easier to get a CRB check. They should be able to ring an agency or something and issue you with one within a few days; that would be the sensible answer. You can't argue with that logic, surely? Or do you want any Tom, Dick or Gary following your daughter around?

As your delibiratly missing the point and trying to stir things up im wasting no more time with you.

Archived