Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

Why? Paedophiles don't just operate on the net.

I know that but I would think there would be very little precious time for someones parent with son/daughter in tow to groom and molest another child on a school trip! Sorry but that is just my unhysterical thinking on this subject. Honestly it makes me wonder how we ever grew up in my day without being attacked as obviously every adult is a Peadophile!

Is that supposed to bother me or somthing?

Are you happy for your child to be looked after by people who aren't CRB checked then? People who could have any background? People who worked in schools before CRBs like Ian Huntley?

I don't know if the CRB system is the best, it quite possibly isn't, but do you really think it is better to let anyone look after kids? I am guessing that they are only asking for CRB checks because the parents my well be left alone with a group of children... Otherwise there is no need to, as long as there is a parent or teacher with a CRB present at all times.

They won't have a problem; you will, because you won't be allowed into the party, and if necessary you'll be removed by force.

However just like any other adult who happened to be at the same location you'll be there and be quite capable of talking to any of the children, all perfectly legally.

It'd be interesting to see the assault charge for trying to remove someone from the vicinity of some children with no power to do so.

As your delibiratly missing the point and trying to stir things up im wasting no more time with you.

I'm not, really. I understand you want to go with your daughter, but there is a system in place. You can't fight it by saying "i'll do what i want".

Situation A: you go with your daughter on a school trip and at the end of the day you take her home. A nice day out.

Situation B: another father (with a conviction) goes with his daughter on the school trip, and he does something wrong. In this situation everyone would say "why wasn't he checked?" "Who would be silly enough to let such a man go on a school trip?"

The CRB checks stops both situations, which is sad for you but that is life.

I would imagine there is. You wouldn't just be following your daughter, you'd be following other children aswell.

And is there a) any way to prove 'following', or b) any law against going to the same place as a group of children?

I'll save you the bother. There is not.

Can anyone quote a case of a parent on a school trip (before CRB checks existed) who committed any crime against a child on said trip?

If you can, would a CRB check have prevented it (ie were they already a known child abuser)?

Ah, but there is. The school can report you to the police as a suspicious loiterer and you will be removed. Nobody messes about when the safety of chlidren is at stake.

Go, just shout it out, "won't somebody think of the children". You can justify all kinds of ridiculous behaviour if you shout that loud enough.

Why? Paedophiles don't just operate on the net.

True. It's also the case that 9/10 cases of abuse involve family members.

Will you be CRB checking your siblings before letting them look after any children. How about your own parents, you can't mess about when the safety of children is at stake, HeadingNorth said so.

As your delibiratly missing the point and trying to stir things up im wasting no more time with you.

The point is that you should not be allowed to spend time on a school trip with children who don't know you from Adam, unless you have a CRB check confirming that you are not an already-convicted offender against children.

Archived