Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

The system is massively flawed, but it is in place for good reasons.

Letting any adult have access to children is more flawed.

I didn't realise that it was 'any adult' in question.

It's a parent of a child in that class. Who'd be with the children in the presence of at least one member of staff and probably more.

It's hardly 'any adult having access' is it.

The point is that you should not be allowed to spend time on a school trip with children who don't know you from Adam, unless you have a CRB check confirming that you are not an already-convicted offender against children.

How many convicted offenders against children still have access to and custody of their own children?

The staff of the school will be aware if mikmouse's child is on the at risk register and if so why. So is there actually any chance that the CRB will come back with a reason not to allow accompaniment, or is it pointless form filling and big brother like supervision for the point of it?

True. It's also the case that 9/10 cases of abuse involve family members.

Will you be CRB checking your siblings before letting them look after any children. How about your own parents, you can't mess about when the safety of children is at stake, HeadingNorth said so.

Yes also you will probably need to get any parents of your kids friends also checked as well as they may go for sleepovers or tea so could be at serious risk!

True, very true. It's 'any adult who has a child'.

Any adult who has a child in that class. A little bit less sensational than "any adult" now that it's down to about 30.

And of course at the discretion of the school.

In most circumstances CRB checks are a completely pointless waste of time.

I didn't realise that it was 'any adult' in question.

It's a parent of a child in that class. Who'd be with the children in the presence of at least one member of staff and probably more.

It's hardly 'any adult having access' is it.

But we know nothing about the trip, where it is or who will be left alone. I can't imagine the school would ask for parents to be CRB checked if they weren't going to be left alone with kids... there is no need, otherwise.

We have a lot of school trips come to us (at work) and they often bring parents and the parents have to take groups of kids to the toilets or be left alone with them. If the school didn't have CRB checked parents and then something happened (no matter how remote a chance) the school would be in a great deal of trouble.

So is there actually any chance that the CRB will come back with a reason not to allow accompaniment, or is it pointless form filling and big brother like supervision for the point of it?

I have no idea, and I suspect the latter, but in the meantime the OP either complies with the law or gets arrested.

In any event, if the school authorities are aware of this thread the whole issue will by now be moot, since they'll bar her daughter from going on the trip to avoid any possibility of the OP carrying out her threats.

Archived