Not allowed on School Trip with Children due to having no CRB check

But we know nothing about the trip, where it is or who will be left alone. I can't imagine the school would ask for parents to be CRB checked if they weren't going to be left alone with kids... there is no need, otherwise.

If the parents aren't there then the children can't be left alone, so there's clearly no requirement to leave them alone.

We have a lot of school trips come to us (at work) and they often bring parents and the parents have to take groups of kids to the toilets or be left alone with them. If the school didn't have CRB checked parents and then something happened (no matter how remote a chance) the school would be in a great deal of trouble.

How would they manage if they didn't have any parents with them?

I have no idea, and I suspect the latter, but in the meantime the OP either complies with the law or gets arrested.

What are you imagining is the offence that they could be arrested for? Loitering with intent to spend the day close to their child in a public place. It sounds like fun. Maybe all adults should just be arrested if they ever come with 10 metres of a child.

You can't mess about when it comes to the safety of children you know!

Really?

:hihi:

My god your from another planet.

Yes, it's called Earth. I'm not sure where you're from.

You seem to have an issue with the common sense posts on here. If you are this confrontational with other users of SF I have doubts of your abilities to manage children. Would you also kick off in such a way with a disruptive child on the trip? If your own child was misbehaving on the trip how would you react?

Did you research the name I posted earlier? How do you know he's not a parent with a child at your school?

Any adult, yes. Could be a gardener, could be a lawyer, could be a sex offender. Why not make it easier for them all to get a CRB check, instead of letting them all go on the trip?

You've missed the point again.

Any adult with a child in that class.

They could have many professions, but if they still have custody of their own child, then they obviously aren't a danger to children.

Why not let the school use common sense and judgement instead of an error prone and pointless check that gives a false sense of complacency.

They could have many professions, but if they still have custody of their own child, then they obviously aren't a danger to children.

I'd feel so much better sending a sex offender on a school day out saying "it's okay, he's good with his own child".

I'll repeat my question; why not just make it a million times easier to get a CRB check? Then everyone is happy. People get to go on school days out and the dangerous adults have to stay at home.

. . . but if you tell them that you are a Freemason you will be able to do what you like.

Yes you most certainly will, anything goes, they cover each others backs.

Archived