Arrested for no reason

But the police have not made a mistake. An allegation which fits this offence has been made and the police have to investigate it.

so if someone walks past my window i can make allegations and get them arrested .....its a load of rubbish ..waste of police time and mine

so if someone walks past my window i can make allegations and get them arrested .....its a load of rubbish ..waste of police time and mine

Yes, if someone decided to report it to the police and provide a signed statement, the police would have the option of arresting you, or interviewing you in written form and if the offence was admitted, and you didn't have a criminal record, then you could be issued a fixed penalty ticket for disorder for £80. Yes I believe it is a waste of police time, but since NCRS was introduced in about 2004, this is the rubbish that the police have to investigate and it is recordable. Meaning that it would go on PNC. Unless the investigating officer decided that it did not amount to anyone being caused alarm harassment or distress, then he/she may not record the incident.

and some people really do think the sun shines out of the police and systems arse, **** does happen from time to time

And you wouldnt call the police if some yobs were giving you trouble?

Too many people knocking the police (shakes head)

Yes, it is a waste of their time and public resources. Don't you think the majority of syp get peed off with dealing with crap like this. To be honest I am sure there are a few dodgy ones out there but there are also several who I am sure joined to do a good job. Imagine how frustrating it is for them to be be tied up in the office doing around 9 hours paperwork for an arrest and a job that will go nowhere, most officers would much rather be pro-active and be on the streets than stuck in a station pen pushing.

I know most people on here love a good syp bashing thread but don't tar them all with the same brush and blame them for the rubbish system that makes jobs more protracted then they need to be. In days gone by an incident like the OP's post (if the full picture is there) would have just warranted a pocket notebook entry and a ticking off behind closed doors, now they have all these stupid forms to complete for minor jobs. Frustrating for all believe me.

And you wouldnt call the police if some yobs were giving you trouble?

Too many people knocking the police (shakes head)

im not knocking the police .i think that while they are interveiwing me they are people being burgled out there ...surley they must have a case against her for wasting police time.......

Archived