Do all christians not understand paganism?

I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with paganism since christianity incorporates pagan beliefs.

Most churches in this country are built on pagan sites and finding a church that hasn't got a sneaky jack in the green/green man hiding about itself is almost impossible, most occasions on a christian calendar are hijacked pagan festivals.

Christianity not only incorporates Jewish beliefs it is based upon them that didn't stop centuries of Christian anti-semitism culminating in the Nazi-holocaust.

Christianity not only incorporates Jewish beliefs it is based upon them that didn't stop centuries of Christian anti-semitism culminating in the Nazi-holocaust.

Your point?

I love how you link christianity in Britain with the Nazi holocaust - as if the two were inseperable.

Your point?

Can you really not understand it? It's hardly complicated.

MadnBad expressed surprise at Xian hostility to paganism given that Christianity has pagan influences:

"I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with paganism since christianity incorporates pagan beliefs.

Most churches in this country are built on pagan sites and finding a church that hasn't got a sneaky jack in the green/green man hiding about itself is almost impossible, most occasions on a christian calendar are hijacked pagan festivals."

Do you really not understand why that might prompt someone to point out that Christians had/some still have a huge problem with the religion their faith is actually based upon never mind slightly influenced by?

I love how you link christianity in Britain with the Nazi holocaust - as if the two were inseperable.

Sorry are you suggesting you can separate the Nazi holocaust from the centuries of Christian anti-semitism which led up to it?

Can you really not understand it? It's hardly complicated.

MadnBad expressed surprise at Xian hostility to paganism given that Christianity has pagan influences:

"I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with paganism since christianity incorporates pagan beliefs.

Most churches in this country are built on pagan sites and finding a church that hasn't got a sneaky jack in the green/green man hiding about itself is almost impossible, most occasions on a christian calendar are hijacked pagan festivals."

Do you really not understand why that might prompt someone to point out that Christians had/some still have a huge problem with the religion their faith is actually based upon never mind slightly influenced by?

Sorry are you suggesting you can separate the Nazi holocaust from the centuries of Christian anti-semitism which led up to it?

I would have to understand first of all what those people are basing their religion on and how they are doing so - whether they are accepting the bible and all its teachings literally, or whether they are aware of the links with the pagan foundations of christianity in England.

Do all christians base their understanding of christianity upon the teachings of christ and the one god, or do some of them understand there is a connection between their faith and paganism? Rhetorical question.

I find it pretty amazing that someone would raise the holocaust on a discussion concerning christianity and paganism to prove any kind of point.

The fact is that what MadnBad said is basically true - churches are built on pagan sites; christian festivals do coincidentally fall on pagan festivals; and so on.

How many christians actually question why churches have gargolyles and green man carvings? And so on and so forth.

I am not making any sort of point. It is for information only, mainly about life in medieval England.

The site is owned & maintained by yourself, so it is hardly an unbiased viewpoint is it?

You know what thought did....

Yes.

It expands knowledge (something you are quite lacking in).

I would have to understand first of all what those people are basing their religion on and how they are doing so - whether they are accepting the bible and all its teachings literally, or whether they are aware of the links with the pagan foundations of christianity in England.

Do all christians base their understanding of christianity upon the teachings of christ and the one god, or do some of them understand there is a connection between their faith and paganism? Rhetorical question.

I find it pretty amazing that someone would raise the holocaust on a discussion concerning christianity and paganism to prove any kind of point.

The fact is that what MadnBad said is basically true - churches are built on pagan sites; christian festivals do coincidentally fall on pagan festivals; and so on.

How many christians actually question why churches have gargolyles and green man carvings? And so on and so forth.

Sigh. I didn't deny that Northern European Christianity is influenced by Northern European paganism I simply pointed out that Christianity's rather hostile relationship with Judaism would suggest kinship of belief is no barrier to hostility for Christians. For further evidence of this just look at the Cathars, Reformation....

How can you not understand this simple point? It really isn't complicated.

Sigh. I didn't deny that Northern European Christianity is influenced by Northern European paganism I simply pointed out that Christianity's rather hostile relationship with Judaism would suggest kinship of belief is no barrier to hostility for Christians. For further evidence of this just look at the Cathars, Reformation....

How can you not understand this simple point? It really isn't complicated.

Not ever doubted that. Christian fanatics appear to dislike most other religions and need no reason beyond the fact those religions are not christian. The expansion of the comments previously made to include the jews bears no relevance to the OP in that most christians are not fanatical. Most christians I have met do not care about pagans.

They associate paganism with satanism because they are uneducated and nothing more. It's much the same way as different factions within the pagan community have a go at other factions through misunderstanding and that same fanaticism to my way is right and your way is wrong.

Archived