Do all christians not understand paganism?

Godwin's law doesn't apply as no-one has likened anyone to the Nazis.

Instead Christian hostility to the faith it was is based upon was pointed out to show how Christian hostility to faiths it is slightly influenced by is completely in completely in character.

If the christian faith in Britain was mainly based upon paganism, and not upon the jewish version of biblical events, then the arguement you use becomes totally irrelevant. So the onus must be on proving that the christian religion in Britain relies more on the jewish bible than on paganism. I'll leave that one for you and your historians (most of the work of whom is based upon guesswork and the belief that the facts as they understand them are true. Alas history is somewhat subjective).

If the christian faith in Britain was mainly based upon paganism, and not upon the jewish version of biblical events, then the arguement you use becomes totally irrelevant. So the onus must be on proving that the christian religion in Britain relies more on the jewish bible than on paganism.

Why would he need to prove that? it's not relevant to the point he was making.

I'll try to make it really simple:

MadnBad said this

"I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with paganism since christianity incorporates pagan beliefs."

Which strongly implies that Christians wouldn't have a problem with paganism because Christianity imports pagan beliefs.

Now this is not the case, as can be aptly demonstrated by referring to the centuries of Christian antisemitism.

Imagine if this thread had instead been about Christian antisemitism, and MadnBad had instead said this:

""I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with Judaism since christianity incorporates Jewish beliefs."

It would be equally possible to demonstrate that the reasoning behind this is flawed by referencing Christian hostility to paganism.

The point is that it doesn't matter to Christians that the faith that they are hostile towards greatly influenced their own, they will still be hostile towards it anyway, whether it's judaism or paganism.

Why would he need to prove that? it's not relevant to the point he was making.

I'll try to make it really simple:

MadnBad said this

"I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with paganism since christianity incorporates pagan beliefs."

Which strongly implies that Christians wouldn't have a problem with paganism because Christianity imports pagan beliefs.

Now this is not the case, as can be aptly demonstrated by referring to the centuries of Christian antisemitism.

Imagine if this thread had instead been about Christian antisemitism, and MadnBad had instead said this:

""I don't see why christians in this country would have any problem with Judaism since christianity incorporates Jewish beliefs."

It would be equally possible to demonstrate that the reasoning behind this is flawed by referencing Christian hostility to paganism.

The point is that it doesn't matter to Christians that the faith that they are hostile towards greatly influenced their own, they will still be hostile towards it anyway, whether it's judaism or paganism.

As per usual - you so enjoy getting your tuppence in don't ya?

Simples - why the switch from British Christians to global christians in order to prove a point?

you may as well use the same pathetic argument for everything and everyone. Well because some people somewhere don't like jews it must mean that no-one anywhere likes jews.

This is British and pagan - hence my previous comments. But you miss out what you will, as usual, and make up whatever "facts" you like to serve your purpose. Tis okay with me.

We once had the Jehovah's round at a friends, we invited them in, made them tea and a sandwich whilst we had a joint and a cup of tea. They were quite rude to us because we would not believe what they believed in. We pointed out, how we kept ourselves to ourselves and made for them tea and a sandwich, whilst they tried to force beliefs upon us and TOOK from us, giving nothing in return.

Potheads 1 Religious Nutters 0

However, we are criminals in the eyes of the law.

Potheads 0 Society 0

Simples - why the switch from British Christians to global christians in order to prove a point?

you may as well use the same pathetic argument for everything and everyone. Well because some people somewhere don't like jews it must mean that no-one anywhere likes jews.

This is British and pagan - hence my previous comments. But you miss out what you will, as usual, and make up whatever "facts" you like to serve your purpose. Tis okay with me.

The development British Christianity is inextricably tied up with that in the rest of Europe and British Christianity hasn't exactly been free of anti-semitism.

Besides since when was this thread purely about British Christianity? You've no idea if the Xians who upset norks were from some peculiarly British sect or a international church.

Discuss the post, not the poster. There's no need to make this personal, it isn't for me.

Because the OP doesn't say 'British Christians" does it. You're the one trying to make this exclusively about Britain. The OP asks "Do all Christians not understand paganism?"

you may as well use the same pathetic argument for everything and everyone.
That would be the same pathetic argument which apparently is too complicated for you to understand.

Well because some people somewhere don't like jews it must mean that no-one anywhere likes jews.
Are you high? No-one (espcecially not me) has said or implied anything of the sort.

You must be high? Surely? What are you on about, what fact have I made up?

Archived