Wedding invites! Clash of dates :(

I've been invited to two weddings on the same day at different parts of the country. One is my cousins and the other a really close old friends of myself and my partner.

Now I would rather attend my friends wedding and their invitation came first through the post last week, my cousins came through today. I knew both wedding were in August but I did not think they would clash :(

I'm not sure what to do, if they had been close I would have gone to both and shared my time between the two. I know which one I would rather go to but with the other one being family I feel duty bound to go to that one, when I said this to my mum she just went very quiet.

What would you do? My boyf is going to go to our friends whatever as he has only met my cousin 7 times over the last 8 years which is the same amount of times I have seem her.

It's a difficult one. I want to tell you to go to your friend's wedding!

If it's not too personal a question-are your family close? What with you only seeing your cousin 7 times in 8 years I'd hazard a guess that you aren't that close to her? Chuffin hell it's a minefield isn't it....

I still want to say go to your friend's!

I want to go to my friends as I am closer to her. My cousin is lovely though and to be honest the both are two of the nicest sweetest people you could meet, neither would ever upset anyone.

My family on that side is close though I just turn up at christmas do's every year but know I could turn up on their doorstep at any time and be welcome.

I had this last summer (it's my age!) but it was two mates weddings and the one I chose not to go to has not spoken to me since!

Hi

Talk to your cousin tell her about the clash of dates. I personally if a realitve who are hardly seen told me about clash of dates. I would want them to go friends , as i want them not to be at mine wishing somewhere else . May i just to reasonable.

Good luck

Archived