Cameron the new prime minister

I agree, but arguably it is in Labour's interest to have taken the moral high ground and walked away as they had no mandate (indeed this is how part of their narrative has unveiled during the day). Ed Balls position might suggest that the Labour negotiating team blew it. I actually think he is boxing clever and suggesting to disaffected LibDem supporters that their leaders still had a choice.

I reckon that the drivers behind the attempted negotiation between Lab and Lib-Dem were Alastair Campbell and Peter Mandelson - and part of me thinks they did it to engineer Gordon Brown's quick and certain departure.

Only if they earn over £50k. There is also a proposal for tax breaks for gay and lesbian couples in civil partnerships who will also be able to have a fully recognised marriage. How nasty is that?

Have you actually read the Conservative policies that you're knocking?

I thought it was 30thousand pounds?

May be wrong but by the time the tories are done it will be 20 .

Only if they earn over £50k. There is also a proposal for tax breaks for gay and lesbian couples in civil partnerships who will also be able to have a fully recognised marriage. How nasty is that?

according to the bbc, the married/civil partner tax allowance has gone

That's probably as well. It had the potential to be divisive for no good reason.

You are wrong. Check the Conservative manifesto. It says £50k.

That's probably as well. It had the potential to be divisive for no good reason.

You are wrong. Check the Conservative manifesto. It says £50k.

I thought Cleggy wanted 30? Only the people that deserve it he said.

Your confusion is understandable. The Tories said they would cut tax credit for those earning over £50,000 so saving £400 million. Only one of these figures can be correct. Only £45 million is paid on incomes over 50,000. This information has been available since last December, but somehow never seems to have got corrected.

If you think cameron is the man for the job then you've obviously been living on the moon.

Just watch how the tories mess things up Again.

If any of you can read lips, watch Cam&Sam entering the door at No. 10, it says it all. and it looks like a kiddo just in receipt of a new toy< in need of the manual to learn of how to make it work/play>. Without 2face Clegg he would not hav been there. Strangely this morning the economy journalist on the news was showing a growth in productivity. Surely no-one would hav a real deep knowledge of the £ as Brown did. I am calling for another election, it won't b long. & David Milliband should get himself prepare as from now on.

If any of you can read lips, watch Cam&Sam entering the door at No. 10, it says it all. and it looks like a kiddo just in receipt of a new toy< in need of the manual to learn of how to make it work/play>. Without 2face Clegg he would not hav been there. Strangely this morning the economy journalist on the news was showing a growth in productivity. Surely no-one would hav a real deep knowledge of the £ as Brown did. I am calling for another election, it won't b long. & David Milliband should get himself prepare as from now on.

Jeez, he did indeed. He looked like a spoilt kid who had a won a prize that he did not deserve. Desperate look not a a good trait to have.

As you can tell I am a tory lover :rolleyes::nono:

Archived