Cameron the new prime minister

I reckon that the drivers behind the attempted negotiation between Lab and Lib-Dem were Alastair Campbell and Peter Mandelson

Ah yes, those two great, unelected men get to broker the deal that decides what government we get.

No one else see anything untoward about that?

Surely no-one would hav a real deep knowledge of the £ as Brown did.

Well he debased it often enough.

According to this =CPI&use[]=NOMINALEARN&year_late=2008&typeamount=1&amount=1&year_source=2008&year_result=1997"]purchasing power calculator,

£1.00 from 1997 is worth (in 2008)

£0.73 using the retail price index.

£0.64 using average earnings.

And that's before the higher inflation of the last 2 years are taken into consideration.

Jeez, he did indeed. He looked like a spoilt kid who had a won a prize that he did not deserve.

I'd imagine you lot would, in contrast, be po-faced and miserable at just having been given the keys to No. 10 after years in opposition?

I'm no fan of The Boy Cameron but the sound of barrel scraping has become a trifle deafening on SF of late.

Give it a few months and you may have something tangible to complain about.

I can see massive job cuts and taxes now the tories are in control of the country remember the eighties when they were last in control when thousands were put on the dole and vat went up to 21% its been rumoured that they will put it up to 19.5% this time round

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/feb/09/tory-cuts-recession-youth-unemployment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/5996163/Tories-study-plans-for-20-VAT.html

Yes. He's just been re-elected as MP for Kirkcaldy

There were suggestions yesterday that he's quite likely to resign and force a by-election. Or I suppose if there's likely to be another general election in the not too distant future, stand down then.

It's disheartening to see how much childish knee-jerk class bigotry and denial of reality there has been on here. How can people still be so ignorant of the fact that Labour are directly implicated in the economic abyss we're on the brink of? Are people really so blind that they don't realize that there were going to be savage cuts in all services no matter who got into number 10? I'm no fan of the Tories but even I can see that the coming financial squeeze will be because Labour got us into that hole in the first place.

So it's official, Cameron is now the Prime Minister, supported by the Lib Dems.

As a life long supported of the Lib Dems, and son of a Coal Miner this is particularly sick.

Anyways, your thoughts?

i think it serves you right :hihi:

So it's official, Cameron is now the Prime Minister, supported by the Lib Dems.

As a life long supported of the Lib Dems, and son of a Coal Miner this is particularly sick.

Anyways, your thoughts?

I agree with you, I grew up in a town surrounded by neighbouring pit towns and villages, so saw the after effects of the strike and the conservatives. My dad was a bus driver, so I saw the mess they made of that industry too. I have never voted for conservatives and never will. I voted lib dem and feel sold out by clegg as if I knew he was going to team up with david cameron I would never have voted lib dem.

I agree with you, I grew up in a town surrounded by neighbouring pit towns and villages, so saw the after effects of the strike and the conservatives. My dad was a bus driver, so I saw the mess they made of that industry too. I have never voted for conservatives and never will. I voted lib dem and feel sold out by clegg as if I knew he was going to team up with david cameron I would never have voted lib dem.

cameron and clegg are two smarmy gits together

Can i remind the tory haters that labour inherited the country in much the same state as it is in now....so 13 years pretty much amounted to nothing, at least the tories are going somewhere, labour were just licking their wounds each week.

I can't wait to see the faces on those chavs when the riot vans show up :D

Archived