Cameron the new prime minister

So it's official, Cameron is now the Prime Minister, supported by the Lib Dems.

As a life long supported of the Lib Dems, and son of a Coal Miner this is particularly sick.

Anyways, your thoughts?

It was the only viable game in town, except force another election by not supporting anyone (labour hate the lid dems and would not do a deal with them).

Anyway the lib dems have plenty in common with the tories to work with (fiscal restraint, anti statism etc).

What did you expect to happen exactly? There were only 2 parties the LibDems could form a coalition with. Labour refused to play ball so that leaves....?

Or would you rather the LibDems played no part in government?

A bit of an odd approach for a so-called LibDem supporter.

Ideally, if Labour had been willing (which they were not) a Lib-Lab alliance.

Since, that wasn't an option anymore, I would have preferred the Conservatives to be in a minority government, and the Lib Dems to vote with the best interests in mind, I don't think in the situation right now any party is going to try and outright block anything that is in the best interests of out Country, sort of as if taming the Tories while maintaining our independence.

Id rather a party be in power that might well look after it's rich mates, and drag us along for a couple of perks to keep us happy, than have a so called government for the working class absolutely rape the crap out of the country, and place the full burden on the poorest in the country.

It wasn't just an outcry because those poor people want pity, it was because it was quite literally making life too much of a struggle, not to mention that not working meant you were better off than putting in the hours...there are some people literally trapped on benefits because working would put them on the street.

I welcome a shakeup of the benefits system, and an overhaul of this countries approach to crime.

Archived