Vote Lib/Dem Get Tory

I don't really understand politics but could they really stop families tax credits?

My partner doesn't earn a huge wage after rent, council tax and utility bills there really isn't anything left so we rely on working/child tax credits to do out weekly food shop ect...

Alot of families will fall apart if this does happen in my opinion anyway

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/may/03/in-tory-labour-marginals-vote-labour

It's not surprising that you're asking the question, there's so many lies and misinformation out there. The Conservative manifesto clearly says that it is only for those earning over £50k.

With the Lib-Dems they have also said that they will eliminate income tax on the first £10,000 of your wages. It will take a few years to fully implement it, but the plan is there.

It's not surprising that you're asking the question, there's so many lies and misinformation out there. The Conservative manifesto clearly says that it is only for those earning over £50k.

With the Lib-Dems they have also said that they will eliminate income tax on the first £10,000 of your wages. It will take a few years to fully implement it, but the plan is there.

Thats good to know then, we don't earn anywhere near that.

Thankyou :thumbsup:

Actually, they're against people who are capable of working turning down work. I fail to see what is wrong with that.

Twisting me words there...:) what about the people that want to work, but cant due to no fault of their own...

they rely on benefits, but the coalition will cut cut cut !!!:)

in answer to unislol think minuuim wage, heating allowance for pensioners some of us remember the Conservatives being in power and people having to work sixty and seventy hours a week just to make a basic living

labour not perfect but god help us all if the cons are allowed to abolish the national minuum wage

you ani't seen nothing yer

I don't really understand politics but could they really stop families tax credits?

No but they could save a lot of money by streamlining the system and not having two tax systems in place - one which takes the money from you and another which gives it you back.

I've never used the system but my colleague says that they used to be combined at one time and was all done and shown through your standard wage slip.

Archived