Santander any one else having problems

got some money invested with santander, but the interest rate is really derisory 00.1% , so tried to close my account and invest it elsewhere . got the usual overseas call centre ,to be told should have a cheque within 10 days. Now over three weeks later, told" cheque not been actioned as they are too busy ". just how long does it take to raise a cheque or are they trying to hold n to MY money as long as possible.

any one else having problems

Had a letter to say they were cancelling OH's overdraft from 1/6/10 because as he was made redundant and is now working part time he is no longer having as much money go into his account. He rang up and complained and said he was thinking of going somewhere else lo and behold another letter comes saying it was all a mistake.

They have also bumped up interest rates on his credit card as well. Why is it banks always penalise you for being poor! I would love to win the lottery and when they come creeping tell them to stuff it.

We bank with Santander for the business and we have never had any problems with them whatsoever (touch-wood)

Prior to this we were with NatWest who were so pathetic that I eventually had to take them to the banking ombudsman (and won) due to their incompetence!

Several thousand people got the same letter, it wasn't the bank singling out your husband. Mistakes do happen sometimes, no one and no organisation is perfect.

So how come when he rang to complain the woman on the other end of the phone said it was because the money he was paying in had dropped due to him now working part time no mension of a mistake.

Dont get me wrong I am not singling out Santander I think all banks take the p and are as bad as each other.

The company should be forced to change it's name to Satan's Derrière.

They don't seem to be able to send me a cashcard that comes with a PIN or one that doesn't get swallowed because it has the same number as one that's already been cancelled. They think that if the shop beneath my flat changes it's location, I naturally move with them and must recieve my statements and cards there.

They also labour under the illusion that every time I have to go into town to draw out money over the counter (which I'm occasionally forced to do for weeks on end- see above) that I want to be subjected to a hard sell about changing my mortgage lender.

On top of that, despite being one of the few banks to increase it's profits in the recession, they feel it's acceptable to sack 1800 staff in the UK.

I never had any problems with Abbey National but it's time for me to part company with what it has become.

Archived